We're moving, not on a jet plane, know when we'll be back again...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by headcronie, Aug 27, 2019.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Mrs. HC and I are moving. We'll be far closer to Jigwashere. Heck, I think we might even meet now. It's only been since the early 2000's that we've conversed on here, but never met. Bout time, don'tcha think, eh?

The process of picking a house an hour and a half away, trying to pack our own house, make necessary repairs, get new carpet, has certainly taken its toll on our sleep. But we'll get there...

I guess the saddest thing is, I'm going to miss getting a fibre connection to my house. The house we're currently in, is set to be lit in October. 200/200 fibre connection for $50 a month. I'd ditch my Charter / Spectrum account in a heartbeat for that. $70 for 100/10. Now I get to go to Comcast / Xfinity with a handy dandy 1TB data cap. That's just not so hot...

Oh well... we're moving to a wonderful new location, and we're excited to go! We're nervous as all get-out too, but we've got this!

RickAgresta, raspabalsa, Hook and 3 others like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Good luck with the move. New job?

3. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

HC - congrats (?) on the move. It is a lot of work & stress but definitely brings in a new chapter of your life. Keep us posted when you need help on moving date!

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

4. headcronie

The better half has a new job. We are super stoked! As for me, still punching the same ole time card. Gotta keep it for as long as possible to secure financing for the new house. After that, it is my hope to work remotely with commuting as needed. My boss is for it, just need his boss to buy in on the plan. I have provided details on network gear necessary and phone forwarding schedule. Crossing my fingers. Another employee is working remotely, with my technical support. Hope they let me do it too!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

5. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Congratulations to your better half! :newpalm:

6. headcronie

Yes, it is a congrats! I was (still kinda am) exhausted from all the activities of the day, set to resume very shortly and rather failed at positive communication. We have an offer in on a beautiful home with a bike path in our back yard, a .45 acre lot, a massive driveway that can accommodate up to 10 cars, and is 3 miles from my wife's new work location. There is even an office cubby in the kitchen for me to setup office! It is a great thing! With a a clearer head, I can better articulate these things.

Don't drink and drive - check!
    Don't forum post when exhausted - needs further improvement! ;)

7. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Congratulations, HC! New job and new house and possibly new at home job... Sounds great. Moving is exhausting. I've done it more times than I can remember. But turning an empty house into your home, that's a most satisfactory job.

8. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Your new home sounds awesome, hc! Have you already started shopping for those 10 new cars to fill your driveway? :rolleyes: It sounds like you're going to need to own a decent lawn mower and snow blower, if you don't already.

Congratulations to both of you -- it's all very exciting and once you get through all the nonsense related to moving, you'll really be able to enjoy it. And don't worry if your employer doesn't let you work remotely - you might LOVE being a 'super commuter!' :eek: (This just came up in my newsfeed this morning: The number of Americans who 'super commute' is on the rise.) I'm just kidding, of course. I hope your employer is accommodating. You've got more than enough stress without adding that into the mix.

I do look forwarded to meeting you, by the way! I find myself in your new town fairly regularly for swim meets, and I sometimes shop at the Lowes store there.

scjjtt, lelisa13p, raspabalsa and 2 others like this.
  9. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

This is all very exciting! :thumbsup:

RickAgresta, scjjtt and headcronie like this.
  10. headcronie

So long as my 'super commute' isn't weekly, it should be okay. I hope! Time will tell just how often or if I even have the opportunity or choice.

lelisa13p, RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.