Web Browser on LD?

Discussion in 'Email/Messaging (Palm OS)' started by z22 2006 User, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. z22 2006 User

z22 2006 User BHOT's Own Fluffy

I've noticed that that with the version of blazer supplied with the LD, you can't download almost anything. Are there any good browsers out there for LD that are free that can do this?

2. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

Web browsing on Garnet is terrible. There is Blazer, the unfinished and kinda unstable Universe, there is an old version of NetFront nicked from a Clié, and maybe something else other than Opera Mini + Java VM, but that's about it. 2/4 are barely a step above WAP, and the other two are very likely going to crash a lot. < This is why I like WM and stuff - Skyfire + Opera Mobile + S2P & S2V + iContact, etc. ;) >

3. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

Is the LD version of Blazer so different from the TX version :confused:
    I have successfully downloaded hundreds of times on my TX :)

Where are you trying to download from?
    As for Palm apps, I know that some sites like PalmGear are impossible to download from but then other sites like Softpedia are usually Blazer friendly (depends on the Mirror site)
    MyTreo Mobile is also great :)

All the best, woz of oz

4. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

It's a problem with DBCache. The LD has a disproportionate amount. Not nearly enough. :(

I recommend doing a soft reset before you browse with the intent of downloading on your LD.

5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

if its the DBcache, on the TX both meminfo & Flush-It! work well to free it up by de-fragging. both are free; note that Flush-It!, in actuality, has no hyphen between Flush and It!, but the forum nanny does this to the name:
    Flu****!

edit: search the thread 'best free TX apps' in the TX forum for links…or use Google :D

6. bluefish

bluefish I am not a PC...

Another solution for downloads is to copy the download address and paste it into Explorer 2008 menu>Tools>Download File.
    If of course you have Explorer 2008.:)

This works quite well on my Treo 650. Notoriously low on dbcache frequently, even with custom ROM (Blazer 4.3 with fast mode) and after flushing, I have only 12500kb free.
    Blazer on my Treo nearly always tells me there is no memory to download to, even after a reset. it also tells me that the SD card is locked, and that is never true.

Ahh..the joys of Palm.:rolleyes:

7. z22 2006 User

Yep. Flush-it is always helpful. I use it to cleanup dbcache every so often. I've used Universe, and, boy, does it crash alot.

8. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Andy, is Explorer 2008 by Resco, or someone else?

9. bluefish

bluefish I am not a PC...

Sorry Rick. yes. The world famous Resco Explorer. My fingers are too cold to type the words. Waiting for the fire to blaze up a little;)

10. z22 2006 User

I can't seem to find the T|X software thread. Can somebody please post a link?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.