Weather Manager Data/Website

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by mansfield, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mansfield

mansfield Palm Enthusiast

Getting generic "Mostly Clear" forecast for all locations and Weather Manager home page goes to a foriegn "Block Box" product website.

Anyone getting the same thing?

2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Appears the author either forgot to update their lease on their website, or they've gone out of business.

A little digging reveals that they've done a silent update to fix a problem created by a new data format. Only problem is, their website has been hijacked, or went unpaid.

Here's what I found: http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122572&highlight=weather+manager

3. mansfield

Hmmmm.....I had some contact with them last week regarding a problem with one the forecast locations. They suggested that CNN probably could not update that location anymore, implying that CNN is their feed.

At this time, the temps are updating, but the forecast and forecast icons are not.

I guess there's nothing to do but sit and wait.

4. mansfield

The tinystocks website is back up.

WM support advised that CNN updating the format and then reversing the work was the culprit of the WM forcast problem. However, they updated to WM 3.54 to cover this. The update cleared my problem.

I don't believe in coincidences, but I don't know how their website troubles would be related to the CNN changes. I didn't ask.

5. donbes

donbes Mobile Deity

does anybody in canada use avantgo to get rss feeds for the weather? if yes, which?

6. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

I use 4cast, which provides an excellent (commercial) job from Yahoo weather which I update on every hotsync.

7. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Former TX/Ipaq 210 User

4Cast is an awesome program but I just tap the refresh button while online and it updates via WiFi. So either hotsync or WiFi. It's an excellent program.
    My 2 cents,
    Mick

8. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

I'd do that if I had WiFi!

9. donbes

donbes Mobile Deity

that sounds like fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.