Waving from the ER

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cathearder, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathearder

Cathearder Mobile Deity

Stuck in er waiting for a room. Looks like I am gonns have to have some tests. Thank goodness for the treo to keep me connected and amused. May have had a mini stroke or stroke warning. Any distraction is appreciated.:

2. Q-Eye

Q-Eye Once lost, now found...

Bummer, Cathearder! Hope you're alright and that the tests prove it.

My Dad had a couple of mini-strokes last year. Other than some temporary loss of coordination in one arm and slightly slurred speech for awhile there was no major consequence. Here's hoping you fare as well.

Keep us posted -- good thoughts coming your way...

3. cassidy0423

cassidy0423 Bad Robot

I am so sorry to hear this. Hope tests show nothing of the sort.

Be calm, (wish you had BJ2) relax with your Treo

Hope your wait is short.

Please let us know how you are doing.

Prayers for you:newpalm:

cassi

4. DTM

DTM ---

Cassi said it all. Ditto that.

5. Josser

Josser Mobile Deity

Good luck Cathearder, hope someone brings in your Treo charger ;)

6. Cathearder

Cathearder Mobile Deity

Thanks for the good wishes. Thankfully I have my spare battery and chaeger. I have my TX too and charger. Of course I forgot my good glasses.:(

7. Kium

Kium Mobile Evangelist

Very best wishes and hope you are better soon. I spent last Wednesday night in ER with my son - he was a passenger in a car accident and broke his hand. The nurses and doctors are just amazing. They have so much to do and so many people to see and yet they still manage to show care and kindness, if you allow them to.

Hang in there,

8. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Son two went in to hospital Sunday night/Mondday morning with suspect appendicitis. The doctor was wrong, thankfully, but with a four year old we don't like to take chances.

The very best of luck to you, Cathearder. Hospital waiting rooms are hideous places (in the UK, at least). At least you have a diversion in your Palm.

9. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Best wishes that all is well, Cathearder! I'll be thinking of you. Please keep us updated when you have a chance. In return, we'll try to keep you distracted...

And if he uses that diversion very much, he might get booted from the hospital rather quickly. Oh, you meant... Ah, yes, his Treo and TX. I see... ;)

Yes, I think ER's are vile places globally - Uncomfortable, overcrowded, and if you didn't have a stress-related injury / illness when you got there, the odds are good that you'll have one before you leave... I don't know how the ER staff handles it!

10. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

A#1. best wishes, Cathearder; hope it was all a 'glitch' of some kind and not anything major, or even minor. try to keep up your spirits, we'll try to help:newpalm:

B#2. Joe, its easy; the staff just ignores everyone who isn't bleeding profusely, who is conscious, and who is not having a heart attack while they are there.

C#3. Disclaimer: I know that B#2 is a great disservice to ER staff, and its not true; it just feels that way while you're waiting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.