WARNING! Puppy Adorable-ness Inside.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by namerif, Jan 25, 2015.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

A couple day ago I was trying to watch the movie, Megan Leavey (on Amazon Prime)...

...when Shadow heard the dogs I had to share the screen with him.

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

weegie, namerif, EdmundDantes and 5 others like this.
  2. scjjtt

Yesterday we said good-bye to Nellie. We got her 12 years ago in January. She was born with a heart murmur & a bad hip - but that never stopped her from chasing bunnies that would wander into our backyard.

Six months ago she got valley fever. It is common for dogs & people in AZ to get & is very dangerous. Of course we got her on meds & pain pills but with her age & condition her health deteriorated. Although her joints & muscles got bad - she would still climb the steps to be wherever I would be.

It is never easy to say good bye but during the procedure, with tears in my eyes, I just kept thanking God for the 12 wonderful years of memories.

She'll be missed! Fortunately our son & daughter-in-law are home for the summer for their dog Shadow - who lives with us while they are at college. Most likely, sometime this summer, we'll get another dog for Shadow to raise up like Nellie did for him.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Scott, I am so sorry to hear of your losing Nellie. you are completely right, it's never easy saying goodbye to a family member, and pets are completely members of their owners families. The post the link leads to might help some, but probably not in all honesty. but I do think part of it applies to you...

http://forum.brighthand.com/threads/just-a-cat.264817/#post-1733213

jigwashere, weegie, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.
  4. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

My deepest condolences, Scott. It is only a couple of weeks over one year since we lost our 14 year old Queen, our Chow/Golden Retriever mix, Coco, whose magnificent last act on struggling hips was mothering Helga (see Avatar) who at that point was a very scared dog who had been found on the streets by animal control.

Darn, there go the water works again. It gets easier, but it never completely goes away.

jigwashere, weegie, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.
  5. weegie

weegie Mobile Deity

What a beautiful happy looking girl scjjtt !
    She did remarkably well in truth given what she was handed as a youngster, that thought doesn't make it any easier when you lose them I know.
    Our special friends souls always leave an indelible mark in our hearts, as I'm sure Nellie has on yours and your family's scjjtt.

Mi An, lelisa13p, jigwashere and 3 others like this.
  6. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Very sad. I bet those 12 years went by in a flash. What a cute dog (especially as a puppy).

Mi An, lelisa13p, Hook and 2 others like this.
  7. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

2 days in a row, I enter BH, and leave with a lump in my throat, and tears in my eyes. Who knew a technology forum could be so emotional.

My sincere condolences on your loss. Knowing how my mini people in expensive fur coats have woven their way into my heart, I have strong feelings of sadness in seeing the loss your family member.

Oofdah. Seriously oofdah.. :'(

Mi An, lelisa13p, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  8. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

:vbfrown:

Mi An, scjjtt, RickAgresta and 2 others like this.
  9. z22 2006 User

z22 2006 User BHOT's Own Fluffy

We lost our final kitty back in October, and I'm still hurting and calling for her :(

Sorry for your loss.

RickAgresta, scjjtt, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  10. scjjtt

Meet Chester - we'll get him July 20. He's only 2 weeks old. His name comes from the movie - ''The Kid'' - Chester - the world's greatest dog.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

lelisa13p, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.