WARNING! Pet Adorable-ness Inside.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by namerif, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Your wallet may not agree, but you made the right choice, Jig. :newpalm:

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Jig, you're a good doggie•daddy <yup!>

namerif, jigwashere, scjjtt and 2 others like this.
  3. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

My son just sent me this message: ''I was getting ready for work when I found this.''

Shadow normally stays downstairs but he discovered the gate wasn't up all the way so he compromised.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4.11.6

4. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Good luck to you and Sadie, Jiggles! Sorry to hear of the "less-than-adequate / satisfactory"experiences. I'm not familiar with Banfield, as they have non locations around here that I'm aware of. But when I had FurrKidZ I always used a local clinic and, fortunately, always had great vets / treatment for my babies / service. When one of my cats passed, I actually got flowers and a card at home from the vet staff!

5. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

That's a pretty awesome photo. Almost Escher-esque also.

lelisa13p, BAB2000 and RickAgresta like this.
  6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Sadie finally peed around midnight last night. I was very worried because she hadn't urinated or defecated in such a long time. I also started feeding her canned pumpkin, which is apparently an excellent way to deal with constipation (and diarrhea). By this morning, she seemed a bit better, but still pretty lethargic. I decided to drop her off at the vet on my way to work and leave her for the day. She uncharacteristically crawled into my lap for the entire ride.

The vet called me around noon and said she seemed to be doing fine. All the sutures were intact and the wound appeared normal. She seemed well hydrated. He didn't recommend any additional tests or treatments, other than continue being gentle with her and letting her recover.

It had been raining heavily the past few days so we'd been cooped up inside, but today was sunny and warm. I decided to let Sadie outside when I got her home, but only for a few minutes. I took off her E-collar and she ran to a far corner and peed, then went to another corner and pooped. Talk about relief! :newpalm:

I bit of follow-up about my experience with Banfield: The location of the clinic we used is in a somewhat blighted urban area, so the building and surroundings don't give a very good impression. Inside, the clinic is clean and well maintained, and the staff very friendly. The 2 vets I've dealt with there seem very professional and take plenty of time to talk with me about Sadie, how to be a responsible pet owner, and they also do their best to help me understand the options I have for Sadie's care and treatment, as wells as costs/payment options. There are a few staff members there, however, that don't give me a confidence boost. One man in particular, while having a very friendly disposition, doesn't seem to be very linear in his thoughts nor accurate with information. In short, he's a dumbass. There's at least one other person who I don't really trust with information, but everyone else seems on top of things. And ultimately, if I don't feel good about the answers I get from the techs, I can always ask for the vet.

scjjtt likes this.
  7. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Heeheehee... Best Doggie-Droppings you'll ever clean up, right? ;)

namerif, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  8. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I can also tell you that last night was the first time I praised her for peeing on the hardwood floor! :D

namerif likes this.
  9. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I had to Google '' Escher-esque'' - learn something new every day...

[​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4.11.6

EdmundDantes likes this.
  10. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

When I was growing up, we had dogs and cats and the upstairs was generally the domain of the cats and the downstairs was the domain of the dog (although the cats pretty much had the run of the house). The funniest thing was that one of the cats desperately wanted to be friends with the huge dog (135 pounds or more). But he didn't really want to have anything to do with the cat. They didn't fight; but he didn't seem comfortable with the proximity. Over time, they became more comfortable with each other; but there was still some distance. When he slept though, the cat would sneak up and curl up between his legs to sleep also.

namerif, jigwashere, scjjtt and 2 others like this.