WARNING! Pet Adorable-ness Inside.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by namerif, Jan 25, 2015.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Happy Birthday? (I see presents in the background :) )

scjjtt likes this.
  2. namerif

namerif Zero Defects

Good eye! Baby shower gifts for my niece who is expecting in July.

lelisa13p, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Congratulations! A baby human to play with the baby doggy. :)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, scjjtt and namerif like this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Doggy baby outweighing hooman baby for the next 15 years, aifinkso

namerif, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  5. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

We had our puppy Sadie spayed today. The poor thing is in a lot of pain and discomfort. I was able to get back to the clinic before they closed today to get some stronger pain meds, but I'm not sure it's helping. She'll be lethargic for a while, then thrash about and help.

On the way home from the clinic, Sadie broke the cone-shaped collar that's supposed to keep her from getting at the incision wound, so I taped it backed together. But later, we noticed she was able to get to the wound even with the cone on. I ended up taking her to the emergency pet hospital where the techs fitted her for a bigger collar. They were surprised by the one she was wearing, saying it was the size they'd use for a cat!! I was lucky the vet there, who checked on her sutures, didn't charge me for an emergency room visit and all I had to do was pay for the collar.

I'll be calling our clinic (Banfield) to complain about that, as well as the fact that the tech there hadn't removed the pressure bandage that held the IV to her paw.

Hopefully Sadie will recover fairly quickly. We're supposed to keep the E-collar on her for 5-7 days. I wish I could stay home with her, but my wife will be here most of the day tomorrow.

namerif, lelisa13p, Hook and 2 others like this.
  6. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

My experience with Banfield is not very good. It's assembly line health care and it's very hit or miss whether you get someone good and whether they stick around. You'd be much better off finding an independent vet with a good reputation. Just my 2 cents from my personal experience.

7. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I think that what your saying Hook is good general advice. We've used private Vets for 26 of the 34 years of having dogs. Our last 2 dogs are treated at Banfield & we have lucked out. Some of the employees there have been there almost as long as we've been going. We've liked them well enough to continue to use them & to take the new pup there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4.11.6

8. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

That's good to hear and why I made sure to say I was speaking only from my own experience. The problems Jig ran into sounded like what I had experienced. I found a great small private practice for our pets. The dogs love them (the cat will never like a vet no matter how good they are :vbrolleyes:).

9. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Exactly! I usually prefer to use privately owned services because I feel that they have a vested interest in my satisfaction. This is exactly why I use a privately owned Goodyear store (which another Goodyear manager told me about this one & that there are not many of these around). The main employees have all been there longer than the 10 years I've been using them.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4.11.6

lelisa13p, jigwashere and Hook like this.
  10. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

A friend with dogs referred us to Banfield, but apparently they prefer a different location. I'll check out the other location next time I have to bring her in.

I was up most of the night with Sadie. She'd be quiet for about 45min to an hour, then start yelping, thrashing about and trying to scratch her belly with her hind legs. Since I'm so tired, I've decided to stay home today. It sucks to lose the income, but I wouldn't be much good on the job.