WARNING! Pet Adorable-ness Inside.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by namerif, Jan 25, 2015.

1. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Yesterday afternoon (Sun. 04/05/2020) :vbsmile: Took photo while standing on my back deck. Tree branches have to be regularly trimmed away from deck.

Barred Owl 2020-04-05_1.jpg

Mi An, RickAgresta, scjjtt and 4 others like this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Okay, nice picture. Adorable. But that's an afternoon owl. ;)

3. lelisa13p

That juvenile Barred Owl and his siblings don't care about nite and day. They call to each other up and down the creek in my backyard at approx 6 hr intervals, day and nite. It's eerily comforting to hear them at 3 AM. :vbsmile: They're pretty young and are more curious than afraid. Owl and I were about 15 feet apart. :vbsmile: He took a nap while I was watching him. :vbtongue:

4. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I believe the "eerily", not so much the "comfortable". I've heard owl calls at night and they sound very scary. Like, hair-raising-on-the-nape scary :D

5. lelisa13p

Hearing them since 1994, I've become immune to that particular fear. :vbgrin:

6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

We have horned owls here that are fun to see and hear.... Until you're trying to sleep. Their relatively deep and constant mating calls are very annoying late at night.

I lived in a rural area of Mexico for a while, in the ruins of an old hacienda. I had to walk through an ancient cemetery to get to my little house that was just outside the main property. After joking about chupacabras with some friends, I headed home. It was a crisp, clear night, with a full moon. As I navigated the dirt path down to my house, a big shadow passed on the ground in front of me and a human-like scream shattered the quiet just above my head. Darn screech owl nearly made me pee my pants! And that wasn't the last time. I never got used to it, even if I anticipated it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

My dog does not get sarcasm AT ALL! :rolleyes:

Just sayin'.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

scjjtt, lelisa13p and headcronie like this.
  8. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Awesome photo Lelisa. I've noticed a lot more raptors around my area lately, but no owls (although I hear them). We do have a fox in the backyard, but he's eluded my attempts to get a photo. I need to get one of those motion-activated nature cameras like my friend has.

lelisa13p, raspabalsa, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  9. raspabalsa

I wonder if Misifer turned himself towards the sunlight, or if one of my kids had to do it. Look how fat he is:

fat misifer 1.jpg

He's taken to sleeping in that sprawled fashion. I guess the gravity pull on his belly is just too much now :D :D

fat misifer 2.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure he's telling my daughter that it's high time she stopped fooling around with that laptop and turn him around towards the light!

fat misifer 4.jpg

Mi An, EdmundDantes, scjjtt and 5 others like this.
  10. raspabalsa

Ran into this pooch when I was cleaning my bike in the patio yesterday:

20200415_112636 (1).jpg

Ok, looks cute, but is also annoying as hell! :D Wouldn't let me work at all, it kept running around me, crashing with his front legs raised against me, doing everything it could to get my full attention. Not sure if it's a he or a she. It managed to cover me in puppy hair in no time at all. Turns out it was hungry and thirsty, and drank maybe half a liter of water when I filled its dish. Its ears are so long that they dip into the water dish when it drinks :vbgrin:. I'd never seen that before. It also wolfed some leftovers I brought down. It's the landlady's family's dog, but looks like they don't care enough for it :vbmad:.

Looks like they just brought it from their house to the building. I hope this means it was alone back there but now they'll start giving it proper care. I'll go check it later, see if it has food and water. I'm not a puppy lover, but I don't like to see them in distress.

Mi An, scjjtt, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.