WARNING! Pet Adorable-ness Inside.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by namerif, Jan 25, 2015.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

... and the freaking cat is back!!!!!! Whew!!!

It was indeed Misifer making the neighbors' dogs bark. I heard a feeble meow, went outside, and there he was, on the roof next door. I extended my arms and he came back promptly to me. I brought him inside, and he immediately went to his litter box. Then to his food dish. Luckily he has his priorities all set up :D. I did hug him and gave him a quick peck on the nose (that was a first for me! :eek:). I fed him an extra ration of salmon-flavored cat food, and hugged him some more. I decided to hold his death sentence in suspension pending future developments :D . Then I went to the vet clinic 3 blocks away and made an appointment. I know, so close to home, and still I failed to do it earlier :oops:. Tomorrow they'll do some blood tests to see if everything is ok, and on Friday he'll have his little cat jewels removed :D :D. To quote Louis Creed from Pet Sematary: "Treasure your cojónes while you got em, Church, old boy". Except it's "cojones", without the accent :D. And it's "Misifer", not "Winston Churchill", aka "Church". But the feeeling is more or less the same ;)

I feel so relieved. Cat is napping next to me. My kids will be home very soon, and I'm very happy they'll find his pet safe and sound.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

congratulations1- blinking-SR.gif

RickAgresta, Hook, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

raspy, very glad, indeed, that your little furry sailor is home, safe and sound.

4. raspabalsa

Thanks, Rick, but Misifer is no longer a sailor. Now he's a catronaut!!!

catronaut.jpg

I got the backpack today after he almost ran away while taking him to the vet this morning. Not so sure about the London theme, but the others were too childish, and this is the one my kids selected. Remember how I said Misifer's death sentence was suspended? I think I'll launch him to the Moon in his brand-new capsule :D :D. Misifer immediately liked his capsule, in fact, he's napping in it :)

At the vet Misifer got his shots and a pre-surgery check, but now we have to wait 4 days for the operation. So he's earned some respite, but we'll do our best to not let him enjoy it ;)

Mi An, headcronie, jigwashere and 4 others like this.
  5. lelisa13p

I read an article in Apple News in October (I think) about those carriers. Pretty snazzy! :newpalm:

6. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

7. raspabalsa

Yeah, the backpack does attract looks. I went shopping with my daughter earlier today and of course she carried Misifer in its capsule, but she wore the pack on her front to see if Misifer felt distressed by the confinement. On the contrary, the cat enjoyed the whole walk, and spent the whole time looking out the capsule window. Lots of people smiled and pointed at the sight. A couple of young kids and even some ladies stopped to see the contraption up close, with the kids reaching up trying to touch the cat. My daughter found about these backpacks from a Korean soap opera and asked me to get one for our cat. It's full Korean rage here: Korean music, Korean food, Korean soap operas, and now Korean pet fashion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mi An, RickAgresta, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  8. raspabalsa

Last night the vet called me and said everything looks good for the procedure, and he had an available slot for today. He instructed us to put Misifer on a 12-hour zero food and zero water diet, supposedly because otherwise the anesthesia won't work. I had no idea. I really have very little experience with pets that have so few legs :D :D . Anyway, Misifer has been crying in thirst and hunger since 4AM this morning. I just went to the clinic, where I delivered Misifer in his capsule to the doctor. Poor little kitty, he has no idea what's coming up! The doctor assured me it's a simple, quick operation, but Misifer will have to stay there a few hours afterwards, until the anesthesia wears off. So around 1pm or 2pm I'll go see him <fingers crosssed>

9. raspabalsa

Quick update: Misifer's operation was a success (except for him, I guess :D :D). Cat was drowsy and disoriented afterwards, but he fully recovered overnight. My kids are caring for him, and tomorrow he'll get an antibiotics shot to prevent any infection. I already said goodbye to my kids and to Misifer, and am back in Bolivia :( . It's really hard to part with my loved ones. Yes, I'm including the cat. Even if my main worry was the pain and grief for my kids if anything happened to Misifer, I have to admit I've grown to love the little furry critter. That's another new for me :newpalm:

10. lelisa13p

As a possible added bonus, my male cat became more affectionate and much more of a "homebody" a short while after he was neutered, another pleasant after-effect. :thumbsup: You might ask your kids in a few weeks if they've noticed him being sweeter to them. :vbsmile: