WARNING! Pet Adorable-ness Inside.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by namerif, Jan 25, 2015.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

smooches-picsay.png

A) glad to know another Meatloaf fan
    B) maybe they were insisting on chronologically/meteorlogically accurate lyrics…and "..on a hot summers night.." was just a wee bit early…

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    lelisa13p, jigwashere and raspabalsa like this.
  2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

QW
    The model # is SM-T510. It is called Samsung Galaxy Tab A (10.1") /128GB. I saw Amazon sell one similar for $180 on Monday. It was the same as mine except only 32GB.

Our office admin got one awhile back from Costco but it only has 2GB or RAM. Getting a new tablet I wanted at least 3GB of RAM. I could live with 32GB of storage since I use Google Drive and the tablet comes with a microSD slot capable up to 512GB but my old tablet had 2GB of RAM and I wanted at least 3 or 4.

Apparently looking into reviews the model # comes as this description states: "2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage with the base model. In some countries, you can also get it with 3GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of storage. LTE 4G is an option too."

With that said, I would go for the 64 or 128GB to get the 3GB of RAM.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (10.1") /128GB using Tapatalk

3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

<raspy wonders if Rick's opinion of his (raspy's) taste will be diminished if he (Rick) knew that rapsy's favorite Meatloaf performance is as Robert Paulson in "Fight Club">

Fight Club
    used to be one of my favorite films some years ago. But it hasn't aged well for me. I watched it last time about a year ago, and all the rebellious talk seems lame to me now. As if the film was made on a storyboard drawn by Rob Liefeld based on a script by Damon Lindelof :D :D. But it still has its great moments: the "you're not a beautiful and unique snowflake" speech, the recrutiting on the porch, the "space monkeys" scene, and of course the confrontation between the narrator and Tyler Durden.

Ah yes, Meatloaf's music is quite something. Extravagant, energetic, over the top... I usually end up with a mental overload after listening for some time. But I always enjoy it!

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Hook and 2 others like this.
  4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

5. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

6. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Ed - yes that is the same one I got. Mine was $60 or $70 off of the $300 price. I saw it today at Costco. The 128mb models do have 3mb of RAM.

I remember why I got the tablet so quickly - it was on sale, reviews were great, & my Lenovo Tablet was acting up on Saturday & I use my tablet for Sunday for teaching/preaching and I needed something reliable for the next day that would upload my sermon for the guy doing the slides - so I bought it & I'm very happy with it.

With that said, before all of this happened I was thinking of getting a 2-1 Chromebook that flips. With Chrome now running Android apps I figured I would have the best of both worlds. For an example, Google Sheets is much more powerful & easy to use out of Chrome over using an Android app.

Now I figured with one of those Chromebook Flips that I could use Chrome for Sheets or the Android app - I have not confirmed that. However I have discovered in holding an iPad that has the cover/keyboard, that I really don't like the "tablet" feel with keys on the back - so I'm not sure if I would really like a Chromebook Flip to use as a tablet. My old Chromebook still serves me well & I can go from a Desktop to Tablet to Phone to Laptop using Google's suite working on the same document or spreadsheet without missing a beat.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Samsung Tab A Tablet but for a little more you could get a 2-1 Chromebook Flip that may be a bit more versatile.

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

7. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Thanks again scjjtt for the help and info.

scjjtt likes this.
  8. raspabalsa

Freaking cat ran away this morning :(

I went out to hang the clothes and the cat was nowhere to be seen. Last I saw he was napping on the couch. So I opened the kitchen door, stepped outside with the clothes basket, and suddenly a gray/black/white thing streaked past me and ran up the stairs to the terrace. I dropped the basket, ran after it, but by then the blurry thing (d@mn cat is really fast and nimble) had jumped to the next house's roof. It teased me for a while walking back and forth as I tried to coax him back with food, but he wouldn't come within my reach. After some 15 minutes it jumped to the next roof, then the next, then I heard some dogs barking 3 or 4 houses away, and that's the last I saw of him. I went around the block, but he's nowhere to be seen. That was 5 or 6 hours ago. My kids' mom says he's done the same and always returns home when hungry, but it's past his lunch time already. Now I'm worried. My kids will be back from school in 2 hours and I don0t know what will happen if Misifer is still missing by then. How I wish I had my drone to fly above the roofs and try to locate him!

I guess the <suitable malodorous adjective redacted to comply with forum rules> cat is in heat. He's been much more aggresive lately, and seems tense. I guess we should have had him neutered. In fact, my kids asked me for it this very week, but I haven't made the appointment yet. I feel like banging my head agains the wall now :(:( I've been wishing the cat to come back all morning. Please kitty, come home... else my kids will kill me.

If he comes back I think I'll kiss and hug him, then I'll give him a very nice meal, and then I'll kill him ;) <fingers crossed>

RickAgresta, Hook, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  9. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Post liked in sending a wish for good luck in a positive outcome. Having been thru the same event several times with 2 feline buddies (the longest time AWOL was more than 2 weeks and resulted in an operation for correcting a serious front leg injury :vbfrown: :vbfrown: :vbfrown: ), I know your anxiety. :vbfrown: Fingers crossed.

If a non-neutered male cat, think of him as a sailor who's been at sea for 18 months :vbeek: , whose ship has just docked and he's taken unauthorized shore leave. You may be waiting a while. :vbeek: :vbgrin: (Shocking info coming from this proper librarian, I know. :vbtongue: )

RickAgresta, Hook, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  10. raspabalsa

Thank you lelisa, and yes, your good wishes were fully understood with the like. Wow... two weeks away! I can't imagine your distress until they returned! I feel phisically ill since this morning. My kids won't forgive me if Misifer doesn't come back.

Not shocking at all... librarians should (must?) know a lot about everything :D . Also, I've seen a lot of movies about the sailing age, and they all address the countless-months-at-sea issue some way or other: Captain Horatio Hornblower R.N., Master and Commander, and especially The Bounty.

The dogs are barking again... I surely hope it means the little rascal is nearby <fingers crossed again>

RickAgresta, Hook, scjjtt and 2 others like this.