[Wanted] IMAP email client with sync scheduling for GMAIL

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by headcronie, Oct 12, 2015.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

You think you had it bad? On my way to work, I stopped at Target to get some instant oatmeal, and they were out of my favorite flavor so I had to get maple instead. Then, in the office, they were out of Daybreak so I had to have Breakfast Blend. I guess it's okay, though, since I mix it with some Swiss Miss. Once at my desk, I had to rush through Google News because they moved my morning meeting up 15 minutes, and then I couldn't get back to browsing the web for a full 35 minutes because some tester had an issue that needed to be addressed right away. I mean, seriously? The release isn't until Wednesday! What's the rush? My afternoon didn't go much better since it started to drizzle as I returned from lunch and I didn't have a raincoat. The vending machine was out of Little Debbie cup cakes, so I had to settle for mini chocolate donuts. Fortunately, I was able to make up for it by leaving work a bit early (3:30 instead of 5) to get to an appointment.

I hope Tuesday is better.

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

2015-10-12%2023.18.10.jpg

Hook and jigwashere like this.
  3. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

First day of use, and a hiccup has been found. I can live with it, but maybe it is a place where the application can be improved. The nights and weekends settings apply to the entire app, not an account. I do wish to know what comes into my personal accounts beyond my normal work hours. Up to 10pm, sure, not a problem. 10pm, that's my time... I may choose to sleep, cuddle, watch a movie, whatever, but I don't care about an email at that point. Currently, all email stops at 3:30 when I say that my work day is done. At least I have far more customization and options with this, but I've flipped to the other side of the problem now. I can't get email when I want it, vs I couldn't shut off email before. :eek:

RickAgresta likes this.
  4. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

What about using a different client for personal emails? My gmail goes to the gmail client and notifications are always off (manually check only), while other email, more important to me, comes through another client. It happens to work for me.

scjjtt, RickAgresta and headcronie like this.
  5. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

That's what I've done for now. I just really happen to like all the features of Aqua Mail. It is better than what I had before. :)