[Wanted] IMAP email client with sync scheduling for GMAIL

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by headcronie, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

Doh! Totally missed that. :vbrolleyes:

Never had a need for it. My phone is personal only. I have a BB for work and it goes in my bag at 5 pm and doesn't come out again until the morning. :vbwink:

scjjtt, RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

No, the top option should work fine and should set it up as IMAP by default. Once the account is set up, select that account (or go to it's inbox) and tap the 3 dot menu and select "settings." Scroll down through the settings panels to "Nights and Weekends."

If that doesn't work, I'll delete one of my little used accounts and re-add it to make sure I'm right.

scjjtt, jigwashere and headcronie like this.
  3. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Ahhh, not at all where I was expecting it or how I was expecting the feature to be named. Found it, now to try to configure it, and see how well it works. Thanks Hook! :D

scjjtt, jigwashere and Hook like this.
  4. headcronie

I couldn't get my employer to go for a work issued phone. They are paying me a monthly stipend for using my personal phone for work. If they ever stop that, I'll stop using my phone for work. Thus my strong desire to cap where work day ends, and my personal time begins. :)

5. headcronie

There are more options on this app than I've seen in most every app I've had on any of my Android devices, ever. They're kinda scattershot though, and named differently, and located in locations I wouldn't consider logical. However, the ability to customize it, is far better than Gmail, and has far more options than the stock client. Takes a good bit of tinkering, and some Google searches to figure out where the feature I want is, but so far, it is working better than I had hoped. 3:30 is cutoff time. If it stops sync, I'm good to go and will make the purchase of the Pro unlocker. :)

Thanks everone! :D

6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Told ya I was whipped…3:45 is not my preferred time to get up for a drive to work.

jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  7. headcronie

Ouch! That is not fun! :( Hope you get some rest soon!

Sent from my Samsung Note IV

jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  8. RickAgresta

Yah, Moandays are aptly named these days…the compensation (a nice hourly rate, when the per diem is included) only goes so far…

Checked in at the Hotel du jour, struggling with wifi (less than 1Mbps DL, no registered UL speed :vbeek: )and my laptop is *this close* to a battery pull ••• grrrr!

9. headcronie

Makes ya realize all the things you take for granted and for which you may complain about. Someone, somewhere has a situation that will make you thankful for the misery you currently posses.

Sent from my Samsung Note IV

jigwashere, scjjtt and Hook like this.
  10. RickAgresta

oh, no question about that! it's just been a starts-with-B-and-rhymes-with-Witch of a day...started out with leaving my S3 home - I use it as my main DroidTV DL device, and as an alarm clock - then realizing I needed to make a payment on my EZ-Pass account before I hit the NJTP, then I got a wee bit confuzzled listening to my memory and the GPS (disagreement about how to get to where I wanted to go)...but for the first time, no delays on the Tappan Zee bridge, got a prime parking spot at work (where it is unofficial policy that it's okay to 'make your own space as long as you don't park someone else in' -- too many people, not enough parking area...), when quitting time finally came around, had to go back to lock up my laptop since I'd forgotten to (there's a docking station, and a lock, but the dock isn't secured to anything...), then the doo-doo with the wifi, and locking myself out of my room when I went down to see the previously missing desk clerk. BUT -- I called the tech support number and if I want to bump up my speed for the miserly sum of $14 for the week, I can. the room is okay, though :vbgrin: and it's dinner time!