WAAS breaks my iQue

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by Snowman41, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Snowman41

Snowman41 Newbie

The problem started several weeks ago but I just verified it today. If I turn on WAAS my iQue(s) freezes within 5 minutes. Sometimes I can reboot it but other times I have to wait for the battery to run down. I have multiple 3600s on 5.2.1r6 and one 3200 on 5.2.1r3 that I purchased cheap on eBay for parts only to find that they all work. Confirmed with multiple antennas. Is this the beginning of the end for my iQues?

2. Chet L.

Chet L. Mobile Deity

IIRC WAAS has been a problem on the iQue for quite some time. It's been at least a couple of years since I used my iQue, but I was using it with WAAS unchecked with no problem at that time. Use the "search this forum" searching for "WAAS" and you will find several threads mentioning this problem.

3. rkevwill

rkevwill Mobile Deity

Agree with Chet. Ditch the WAAS. I remember on one or two of the builds it messed everything up. Its not like you really need the WAAS.

4. Adam Helberg

Adam Helberg Mobile Deity

I turned my WAAS off a long time ago and it works fine without it.

5. Ken in Regina

Ken in Regina Mobile Deity

It's not exactly the iQues. Something changed on one of the satellites that provides WAAS and the iQues can't handle it. There is a thread in here somewhere that describes the technical details.

The recommendations to leave WAAS turned off are correct. The iQue works fine with it disabled. For practical purposes there are very few situations where the tiny bit of accuracy improvement makes any useful difference.

...ken...