Volume issues with Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by legsilver, Feb 16, 2016.

1. legsilver

legsilver Mobile Enthusiast

Hey everyone,

Hope all my north east friends are staying warm!

So, I currently use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V)

While I am satisfied with my phone, I find I have volume issues. Quite often, in order to decently hear the music on my phone (when using the phones built in music player), I have to crank up the volume into the "red zone" (a notification will come up reminding me that listening to music at this level for long periods of time can be dangerous). I am considering saving up for a used Iphone or perhaps an Ipod.

Has anyone else had a simmilar problem with their Note 3, or other Samsung model? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Sam

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I've had to use the same "solution" on several devices, from Samsung, Sony, LG, etc. I guess the red zone notification is more of a disclaimer by the manufacturer to prevent being charged with hearing damage, surely based on knowledge about maximum sound pressure acceptable for long periods of listening. I'm aware that I abuse my ears when listening to my favorite music, and always go into the red zone nonetheless. It's up to each one of us to decide whether we want to damage our ears or not :)

EdmundDantes likes this.
  3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I've run into similar situations as OP described; sometimes a different music player improves the problem. Many of the better ones, which tend to be not-free, have at least a trial period to try before you buy.

4. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I think Raspa is right, it's more of a disclaimer thing. That warning seems to come at around the 70-75 percent level. Unfortunately for me, lots of sources of audio vary dramatically in their output levels (just like TV). Sometimes you need to crank it way up to get a reasonable level, other times, you need to turn it way down.

raspabalsa and RickAgresta like this.
  5. legsilver

legsilver Mobile Enthusiast

Thanks guys, would replacing some part (like the internal speaker), be a possibility?

6. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Replacing internals is not very practical. For a larger speaker to be useful it would have to be connected to a larger amplifier.

A good option is to use headphone amplifiers and/or an external, powered speaker. Either have their own power supply and amplifier, so they can have much more powerful output.

RickAgresta and Hook like this.