ViperOne: An hyper realistic F-16 combat flight simulator (alpha)

Discussion in 'Games (Palm OS)' started by mbennouf, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbennouf

mbennouf Mobile Deity

[​IMG]

Hello guys,

Here a little bit more info about the upcoming ViperOne flight simulator for Palm and Treo devices.

ViperOne is a F-16 flight combat simulator. The game is still in alpha but I will shortly be able to release it as a beta for people to check out.

Here a quick description of the game:

ViperOne simulate a F-16 in a night combat situation. The goal of the game are:

1- Train to flight the jet fighter. Learn to take-off, land and even land without an engine (could happen during combat missions!)

2- Train in Air to Ground strikes. First without having to worry about enemy defenses. Once you are good at hitting targets then you will learn to confront enemy surface to air Missiles! (SAM)

3- The final goal is to actually do combat missions against a range of enemy targets like bridge, factory and even nuclear sites. Of course the more important the target is the more SAM sites you will need to evade!

The game also keep tack of your bombing results and flight hours over time. This allows to get you promoted during your flight career. You start a the bottom (2nd Lt) and then progress up to **** General. You will even be reward medals for good missions!

The game has many difficulties added (of course you can disable them) like cross wind and F-16 sub-systems failures. Current failures include, fuel leak, dead engine, instruments display malfunction and so on.

Here a quick video to see what it looks like to flight this thing. Please note that this is an old version but it gives you the flavor of the game (be gentle about my voice-over ability!!). I am working on better videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmWV1fhNSmY&feature=player_embedded

For some of you who are familiar with my past simulators like Lunar Lander, you can of course expect ViperOne to be an hyper realistic flight simulator. For instance ViperOne has:

*A realistic 6 degrees of freedom (6-DOF) flight simulation from a NASA flight model of the actual F-16 (hundreds of data parameters..)

* Alpha angle of attack and Beta sideslip calculation (a alpha is displayed on the HUD display)

* Black out effect when flying over + 9 G or -3 G (vision loss!)

* Actual PID controller (flight computer) to help you flight the thing (without this FCS and like the real thing, your jet is not flyable)

* Realistic HUD (head Up Display)

* Multi-function display (system info, radar, threat warning system)

* Realistic bombing mode (CCRP for those in the know)

* Multiple system failures possible during mission

* Currently 6 missions to choose from. More to come later

* Full Air-Force career management including medals!

* Realistic sounds effects like gear up/down, open/close air brakes and so on

Once again I finishing up the beta version. When I am done I will call on some of you (if you want to) to help test this thing!

I am still working on the Air Force career part (where you get promoted depending on your flight hours and missions accomplishments) as well the medals awarding part. I have also started to write the flight manual. Finally I am hoping to record some training videos using the most recent game version.

A lot of work as you can see but it is also a lot of fun! I cannot wait to release this game for your guys to enjoy.

Stay tune.

Mo.

2. z22 2006 User

z22 2006 User BHOT's Own Fluffy

I would be happy to beta test it. I have a Lifedrive. When it's done of course.

3. mbennouf

mbennouf Mobile Deity

Thank you so much for the interest. I will formally call for beta testers when I release version 0.1 beta. At that time I will probably ask people to PM me instead.

Take care and thank you again.

Mo.

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I look forward to trying this out mbennouf! I still have the Finger Painter you developed. It's running on my TX. Lunar Lander Simulator is fun, too!

5. mbennouf

mbennouf Mobile Deity

Hello jigwashere! Thank you. Long time no talk. I hope you are doing well. I will make an announcement when I am ready with the beta version.

Take care.

Mo.

6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

sounds really neat; I'll be watching for the announcement.

7. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Hi, Mo. I won a bunch of you apps, was it a year ago...2 years? Sheesh, I can't remember. I remember I tried to review the painter one at Palmgear and they never posted it. :rolleyes:

I'm kinda moving away from Palm OS, sad to say, although my TX isn't going away. But I'm getting a new touchscreen Nokia smartphone. I might pick this up anyway just because you deserve to get some of my money. ;)

By the way, has Netbrkr, our own AF flyboy, seen this?

8. mbennouf

mbennouf Mobile Deity

Hello Mr Hook. Of course I remember you! I am very sorry to be away for so long on this forum but as you can imagine this type of realistic simulator takes a lot time (over a year and it is only in alpha!)

I am not sure about Netbrkr but I am basing a lot of this game on a real PC simulator Falcon 4 and AF so he should be at home with ViperOne!

So nice to hear from you and thank you for you really kinds words.

Take Mr Hook!

9. mbennouf

mbennouf Mobile Deity

Thanks RickAgresta, I cannot wait to announce the beta either!

Mo.

10. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

mbennouf, thumbs up on your work!

I visited your posts at Facebook. I am not usually the videogames type, but your F-16 simulator is smelling good. Hope to listen about you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.