Video out in iPAQ 210?

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by luigi, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

I wonder if some sort of video out will be available on the 210. I mean, a connector able to...connect the iPAQ to a projector. I was using my T3 to show Power Point presentations, via a Presenter-to-Go SD card by Margi. Which was not supported anymore in my actual Lifedrive. Maybe move to this iPAQ would be nice...

Luigi

2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

The listing I have of HP's accessories for this device doesn't include anything for video out, so you'll probably have to depend on a CompactFlash add-on. Anyone know of one of these with Windows Mobile 6 support?
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Well, that's not good, actually...
    Maybe a projector with a wireless BT connection would do the trick, then...

What about USB? I readed somewhere in threads here that 210 shoud have support for USB peripherals. But I'm not sure whether LCD projector can be connected via USB...?

Luigi

4. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Most projectors that support USB use it only for loading files off of flash drives. I'm not aware of any that support video over USB, but you might be able to have them access files on the iPaq. Also, there's no Bluetooth-based video out solutions because it doesn't have the bandwidth for uncompressed video.

5. davidbec

davidbec Mobile Deity

6. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Thanks for the answers.
    The card that Davidbec foud looks pretty similar, in concept, to the Margi Presenter to go. We have to see if, eventually, it will work with WM6.
    I was actually thinking about a sort of cable, as the one that boxwave still has, enlisted, for the Dell Axims: http://www.boxwave.com/products/vgapresentationcable/index.htm

Luigi

7. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

Several CompactFlash video cards were released a few years ago for Pocket PCs (as Windows Mobile Classic devices were known then). Problem is, these never caught on and the vast majority of them exist only as dead products: their software doesn't support Windows Mobile 5 or 6.

I was hoping someone know of one that was still being updated. There's still not much demand, but there's also not much competition.

luigi, some company might announce a video out cable for the 210 once it is on the market. Keep your fingers crossed.
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

A cable like that requires internal hardware and video output capability. I'm not saying it's impossible, but we haven't seen anything in the specs to suggest that the iPaq is designed for that.

9. Konrad Pierce

Konrad Pierce Village Idiot 2.0

Dedicated VGA-out hardware may not be necessary if HP develops some kind of "VGA-sync" software for video output onto another device ... the processor already has integrated VGA-out capacity, so it should be easy enough. Just my thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.