Video Hack or Video Capture Software for Blackberry Pearl

Discussion in 'Blackberry' started by indy1911, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy1911

indy1911 Mobile Consultant

:rolleyes:

Is there a video capture hack for the Blackberry Pearl? How about a video capture application for the Blackberry Pearl?

Thanks

Blackberry Pearl 8100
    Dell Axiom 30
    E-125
    Etc.

2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

3. Jrob2k

Jrob2k Newbie

when and if this comes out, where is the best place to look for it?

4. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Welcome to Brighthand, Jrob2k. I think you're already in the best place!

5. Jrob2k

Jrob2k Newbie

well then, lets all hold hands and pray that someone comes up with a hack for this......the pearl is the best phone i've had by far and if it had video capture my head would explode.

6. aspartam

aspartam Newbie

I've seen a Blackberry Pearl from a local wireless rep. (rogers) that could capture video. It was identical as mine, yet it could capture video. it boggled my mind. she claimed there were no hardware upgrades, only software, but wouldnt tell me more. F*ck! it's out there guys, just gotta find it.

7. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

And welcome to Brighthand, too, aspartam.

8. djpapesh

djpapesh Newbie

im not sure if this is the same Rogers your talking about but i am on their website and viewing the 3 pearls they have and none of them say they have video capture!!! Product Details

Display: High resolution backlit LCD colour screen supporting over 65,000 colours.
    Resolution: 240 x 260 pixels

Features: Quadband worldwide phone:You can travel the world with the same handset. Up to 10 supported email accounts on one single device!
    Speakerphone
    BlackBerry e-mail: send and receive e-mail / view attachments / integrate existing e-mail accounts with BlackBerry Internet Service or BlackBerry Enterprise Server
    Enhanced QWERTY keyboard: combines a phone keypad with a QWERTY keyboard for easy letter and number entry
    SureTypeTM technology: The built in intuitive software "learns" the user's typing patterns. This software displays possibilities of the words the user is typing as they're typing them - thereby allowing users to easily, quickly and accurately enter words without having to develop a new way of typing
    Text, multimedia and instant messaging:

BlackBerry Messenger: chat with other BlackBerry® wireless device users in real-time

Yahoo Messenger : chat with others through the Yahoo! Messenger instant messaging network
    Internet: EDGE enabled for high speed downloading of e-mail, attachments, content and surfing the Internet. Access to both HTML and WAP sites with full viewing and bookmarking.
    Convenience key: one-button direct access to the Camera and Voice Dialling
    Trackball: navigation and escape button
    Bluetooth-enabled: wirelessly connects to a Bluetooth headset and other Bluetooth devices
    Polyphonic ring tunes: 13 built-in ring tunes
    Security: password protection and keyboard lock
    Compatibility: compatible with ACT!, ASCII, Lotus Notes, Lotus Organizer, MS Outlook & Express, MS Schedule and Netscape
    Address book, calendar, memo pad, task list: integrated feature for calling and e-mailing from one centralized location
    Desktop Synchronization: synchronizes e-mail and calendar info between BlackBerry and desktop/laptop

Camera: 1.3 Megapixels camera with flash, self portrait mirror and 5X digital zoom
    Quality of pictures: Normal/Fine/Superfine
    Resolution: 1280 x 1024, 640 x 480, 320 x 240

9. Jrob2k

Jrob2k Newbie

i think she bootlegged it!

.....yea, anyway, im looking for the software, and i promise if i get any word on it other than "it doesnt exist" i will post it here.

10. tk_production

tk_production Newbie

I just bought a unlocked Blackberry Pearl 8110 (blue) Gps. Yes it has video capture and 2MP camera. No Zoom on Video tho but its ok...

I bought my gf 8100 pearl 4 months ago and it Does NOT have Video capture. I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade the software or FLASH the 8100 pearl with the 8110 software to unlock the video capture feature??? Seems like its just software holding the 8100 back but same phone different style....

Please let me know if anything comes up!

Cheers ~tk_production

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.