1. We will be doing some work to upgrade the forum platform and add new features and style options beginning at 10 a.m. EST on Tuesday, September 23 and lasting for approximately 30 minutes. This will include about 10 minutes of site downtime and another 10-20 minutes where the forum will be read-only (no new posts allowed). We'll take down this message once work is complete.

Video file issues...

Discussion in 'Multimedia (Palm OS)' started by Varjak, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varjak

Varjak Newbie

I noted a few days ago that I was having problems using DownloadHelper to get a file onto my LD. Now another problem seems to have come up that might be related or might be a file format issue.

I was trying to get this video onto my LD:

http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/White falcon white wolf#watch=v6597076EjEJH2BJ

It's marked as a 'DVB, XviD, MP3' file. I downloaded it directly to my SD card; but neither Kinoma or TCPMP will play it. Both should have all the necessary plugins, etc. to play this file, right?

Does anyone else have any other methods for getting this file to my LD? Someone recently mentioned RealPlayer SP as something that seems to work well.

Thanks.
  2. Varjak

Varjak Newbie

"I noted a few days ago that I was having problems using DownloadHelper to get a file onto my LD. Now another problem seems to have come up that might be related or might be a file format issue.

I was trying to get this video onto my LD:

http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/...597076EjEJH2BJ

It's marked as a 'DVB, XviD, MP3' file. I downloaded it directly to my SD card; but neither Kinoma or TCPMP will play it. Both should have all the necessary plugins, etc. to play this file, right?

Does anyone else have any other methods for getting this file to my LD? Someone recently mentioned RealPlayer SP as something that seems to work well.

Thanks."

Anyone?
  3. kdrude

kdrude Mobile Enthusiast

Have you thought about converting the file to a different video format such as AVI which does play on TCPMP?
  4. Varjak

Varjak Newbie

Actually, the file IS in AVI format (or so the 'properties' etc. indicate).