Versamail with Gmail IMAP, syncing sent folder

Discussion in 'Email/Messaging (Palm OS)' started by patrickdylan, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrickdylan

patrickdylan Mobile Evangelist

I'm successfully using versamail 3.5 to sync gmail over IMAP (TX on WiFi), with proper folder syncing for "starred" and "drafts" by setting the root folder to "[Gmail]/" and checking the boxes for these IMAP folders. There are also boxes for Junk and Trash, but I don't sync those.

I can leave the root folder setting blank and get a different list of folder options, which is a list of my gmail labels, but not starred and drafts since they reside at a different folder level on the Gmail IMAP architecture.

Gmail is supposedly using "Sent Mail" for the IMAP sent folder, but it does not show up on either list of folder choices. I have been able to sync this sent mail folder with Mail.app on my iMac, but can not find it on Versamail. Has anyone sucessfully synced gmail sent items over imap with versamail?

A fallback might be to apply a label in gmail to all sent items and sync versamail with that label "folder" but I've not tried that yet.

Thanks in advance.

2. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

It's been a long time since I set mine up; but my 'Sent' items folder is synced. But I don't think that I have 'starred' items synced and I don't really use that feature much. I do have drafts synced though. And I don't recall configuring a 'root folder.'

Short of re-configuring my Versamail with Gmail, I'm not sure how I can help. Did you try the 'edit folders' option to make sure your settings are correct?

(I'm using Versamail 3.5 on the LifeDrive, not TX)

3. patrickdylan

Thanks! If you go to "sync server folders" and look at the checkboxes, what do you see? Does it look like a list of your labels, or just drafts, trash, etc? Is there a sent folder there?

4. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

I slightly misled you by accident. I actually have Versamail 3.1c (the standard on LD's and TX's. 3.5 is for the later Treos, I think).

Here's what I have:

I have the standard 'boxes' and only 'Inbox' is checked. I do have the labels listed; but no drafts, trash, or sent; but they do sync. Maybe because those are 'standard' and part of the basic setup.

5. patrickdylan

OK thanks, I'll experiement some more.

6. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Is it possible that by setting it to sync the Inbox, it automatically syncs the basic boxes (Sent, Trash, and maybe Drafts)?

I also wasn't specific enough. It did detect the labels I've created (like 'Registrations,' 'Bills and Receipts,' and a few others). I don't have these checked.

The other thing I thought of is that Trash might be handled on an an e-mail by e-mail basis since when you delete an e-mail I get a message that asks whether I also want the one on the server to be deleted. I like having that asked every time (some I want deleted 'globally' some I want to keep on my server but not my LD). I think you can set it to delete on both automatically.