VErsa Mail 3.1c contonuous crashes

Discussion in 'Palm' started by luigi, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Since yesterday, I have troubles with Versa Mail 3.1c (update 2) on my LD. Everything was working flawlessly. ANd, I've not done anything to screw up things! I normally downloaded mail, tried to open a message, and got a soft reset. Since then, I cannot either tap on mail icon, that my unit crashes. I only got an error message, the fist time, saying that Versa Mail failed to load a shared library.
    Now, I'd like to fix this, but how? I understand that VErsa Mail is on ROM, so I should not be able to delete and reinstall it...Am I right?
    I do have backups done with Resco: may I hard reset my LD, and recover everything I have there? Maybe with the safe erase, i.e. without erasing HD?

Any hint is greatly appreciated...

Luigi

2. Heather Cullen

Heather Cullen Mobile Deity

Hi luigi, I found three solution links in the Palm, Inc. library that might help you with your problem. Please go the www.palm.com and then to the support page. Click on Support Library and type these solution IDs in the solution box:

Solution ID: 34136
    Exchange ActiveSync and Calendar synchronization considerations for VersaMail 3.0 and 3.1

Solution ID: 37893
    Secure Password Authentication (SPA) not supported in VersaMail 3.0 or 3.1

Solution ID: 32948
    Only one Exchange ActiveSync account can be created in VersaMail 3.0 or 3.1

It is my hope that one of these issues links will help you resolve your issue.

Heather

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.