vanity phone number

Discussion in 'Sprint PCS' started by PC4Life, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PC4Life

PC4Life Mobile Deity

my friend has a Sprint Pcs phone and he wants to get a vanity phone number on it.
    is that possible. google is saying its not possible. do you know way?

2. Silly Rabbit

Silly Rabbit In training!

Last I knew, cell phone providers were issued blocks of numbers for their use. That way, Verizon & Sprint won't be assigning the same phone number to their clients. Of course, once you have the phone number, you can now port it to a different provider. But I'd guess those getting new numbers are still limited to the blocks assigned to that provider. Merging what's available by the provider with numbers your friend would want could be a time consuming process.

3. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

When I got my first cellphone (back in the stone age), I asked about getting a 'good' number. The guy at the store wouldn't do it; but he gave me the 'business services' number and they gave me a good number. It's a double-edged sword though, because since it seems like a 'business number,' every so often I get scads of calls because a business got a similar number. It hadn't happened in awhile; but ironically, just in the last few days, I got another spurt of wrong numbers.

He'll have to plug his way through the various 'desks' at Sprint until he gets someone who can help him. If he wants SPECIFIC digits (i.e. a number that spells out something) he's likely out of luck; because it would have to fall into their 'block' of numbers and not have been assigned already.

4. PC4Life

PC4Life Mobile Deity

oh ok that was quite an information and he would not be much happier with this,
    thanks to both of you for sincere replies :)

5. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

A vanity number is something like 437-332-good, am I right?

PC4Life, think your friend is pretty much out of luck.

6. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Maybe through Google voice, but not from the cell co...

7. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Hal, to me, a 'vanity' number could be several things:

Something that spells something out like 1-800-Lawyers

Something that's easy to remember like 555-1000 (that's similar to what I got)

Or a number that incorporates a number that has meaning to you (birthdays, childhood home address, anniversary, etc.)

8. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Ah, yeah, Varjak, so I got the picture. I posted some example to see if I'm current on idioms :p The whole thing revolves around assembling some meaningful term with the numbers or their corresponding letters, right?

9. bryantbayliff

bryantbayliff Not so Newbie

I don't think phone providers like Sprint are offering vanity numbers feature on their services.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.