Vampy's Tiki Bound

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VampiressRN, Jan 21, 2007.

1. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Interestingly, I've worn off some of the same keys: M, N are the worst; A a little bit, C a little more, H has a small chip, and I have one broken key (the rubber part under it still works).

It's odd, because letters like T and R are supposed to be more common.

2. VampiressRN

VampiressRN James Bond Addict

I think those are odd letters to wear off too, might be the angle at which we hit the keys. As much as I use my backspace key you would think that would be worn but it isn't.

BONDATHON...in chronological order...thank you Encore...I hope to be able to sleep through the RM episodes. Sean's the man!!!! :thumbsup:

RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  3. VampiressRN

Hey friends...hope you all are having happy holidays. Went to Chevy's with the Mother Unit for Xmas today...otherwise working this week from home. Always got some health thing going on...have had left hip bursitis for 3 weeks and not doing well but at least I have a hip is the way I look at it.

I've gone rogue....paid through the nose but upgraded to the iPhone 5S, mostly so I could do some beta testing of a mobile app for work and my best friend got one and loved it. I must say that I am very happy with the phone. It is easy to use and whipped me into the speak to text option which is cool...and really that Siri is a riot. Still learning how to use it but I have a friend who is a trainer at Apple and she said she will show me some tricks. Wish my Dad was still around...he passed on over 20 years ago, but he would have so loved computers and this phone would have blown him away. I got the iPassword application but haven't played with it much...which I need to as I am at user id/password overload and it is not fun.

See ya next year techies!!!! :hi2:

r0k, lelisa13p, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  4. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Always nice to have a check-in, Vampi. Enjoy the new gadget! :)

lelisa13p, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  5. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Nice to hear from you as always. The iPhone 5s sounds like a great device. Enjoy!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

6. VampiressRN

Happy New Year friends. Hope you all had a fabulous holiday season and are settling in for a great 2014. I am still working from home, was doing a little better but as of a few days ago the hip is not doing too well...very painful to walk (but at least I can walk). Have a follow-up MD appointment this coming week...hope we can figure out what is going on now and get on the road to recovery.

Looking forward to hearing what gadgets you got for gifts or even what you may have given. :thumbsup:

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Bursitis is tough to manage. I slipped backward on the ice about 20 years ago and landed on my hands. I couldn't use my arms for a few days as I recovered from compressing both shoulder bursae. Having stretched a bunch and done strength training, I haven't had issues in years, but the initial recovery also took years. I hope your bursitis can be treated quickly and successfully.

8. r0k

r0k Dazed

Vampy,

Nice to hear from you as always. :) I was a little busy over the holiday so I'm a little late getting back...

I've used SplashID over the years, from Palm to iPhone. Recently they botched an update and required us to pay $30 for something we already owned. This, along with duplicate records during sync pushed me to start looking again. By the time Splashid realized their mistake and backed down, I had found the door.

I considered 1password, the built in password locker (keychain) in iOS/OSX, msecure and the open source keepass. I settled on msecure. It's not as nice an interface as the others but the sync works flawlessly. I got so tired of the "drama" of SplashID sync and I'm glad to be rid of it. The thing I don't like about 1Password is the cost along with the browser integration. Another issue I have with these safes is the lack of ability to import export to and from one another.

This is another spot where msecure stood out. While keepass and 1password failed to import my stuff to my satisfaction, msecure (more or less) flawlessly imported my splashid records and I never looked back. I guess I'm old fashioned but I'd rather pull up my password safe, read the password and type it in when required, like one of those arcane corporate intranet systems that has you write something down from one mainframe screen so you can type it in on another mainframe screen. Let us know how you like 1Password.

I can't wait until I get my hands on an iPhone 5s (or better) when my next upgrade cycle comes up in late 2014. I'm looking forward to using my thumb to unlock my phone.