Vampy's Tiki Bound

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VampiressRN, Jan 21, 2007.

1. VampiressRN

VampiressRN James Bond Addict

Just stopping by to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone. Hope you all had a great holiday season with giving and receiving of mucho techno-gadgets. :newpalm:

I have taken my silliness over to another board so I won't be torturing the bandwidth or driving peeps too crazy here.;) I will be back for a post occasionally cause of all the great people here. :D

In my trip to Kauai last October I got to listen to some great music on the plane's radio station (I know...that is odd), well since it was Hawaiian Airlines, it was some great tropical sounding music. Music that I have tried to collect over the years, but had no idea the style was called "Exotica"...so once I was home I googled & iTuned myself to tons of Exotica music. In the process I found a message board called Tiki Central, so started posting there (under my same name) and have found a great fit for some of my passions. The folks there are seriously into tikis, in that they carve them, paint them, collect them, write about them, and just about anything related to Polynesium Pop can be found there. I have always wanted to learn how to play the vibraphone, and am in the process of purchasing one and making some of the type of music I love. I am collecting tiki mugs and my home lounge is starting to look pretty danged good.

Here is a link to one of my posts, these are the pics of my lounge. I still have lots of work to do on it, but I think it will look great when done.
    http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=22400&forum=18&12

I'll be back later with more links. If anyone is interested in checking the board out it is at:
    http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/index.php

Here are some more pictures of other rooms in my home, which is always under decor construction:
    http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=36207&forum=6&start=0

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  2. Ohappydaye

Ohappydaye Wonder Palmstress

:eek: :confused: Huh? What? But why? I'm really happy that you've found another fun place, but I love reading your posts over here too Vampy! <OHD goes off to cry>

btw...your tiki room looks really cool!

3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Vamps, it sounds like you've decided to broaden your horizons for the New Year! Nice that you've posted pix of your exotic interests at your new board. :newpalm: (I'm a Georgia girl; it's all exotic to me. ;) )

Don't stay away too long - we know where to find you! :D

4. Ohappydaye

Ohappydaye Wonder Palmstress

By all means broaden your horizons chiquita, just wanted you to know that I'd miss ya...that's all. Can't wait to hear the entertaining tails of Tiki Land when you do visit. :D

5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

seriously, I was just about to make a “Where's Vampy?” thread. check your guest book, too, V.

you know you're always fun to talk with -- please don't be too much of a 'stranger' <Rick wonders how corrupt a wish will go on?>

6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

ps-
    be sure to NEVER let your mugs etc. near that black hole of a garage…did that digital camera ever turn up :D?

7. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Seriously, same here!

We've missed you, Vamps! Hope you have a roaring good time, but please don't forsake us for long. We might get restless and bring a big BH party to your Tiki Lounge. And I'm not sure you really want that... :rolleyes:

8. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Mobile Deity

Thank God the tiki bar is open
    Thank God the tiki torch still shines
    Thank God the tiki bar is open
    Come on in and open up your mind

- John Hiatt

9. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Hey, AKA! Can you drop by on your way to Vampy's and give me a lift? We can split the gas cost...

10. cassidy0423

cassidy0423 Bad Robot

Vampy - I've missed you heart-sister:( Glad you found some new fun peeps to hang with.

Just don't forget all about us, we're fun peeps too :D

cassi