Value? Like New, unused M515

Discussion in 'Palm General' started by ADC, Dec 27, 2013.

1. ADC

ADC Newbie

, with folding keyboard (still in plastic), all manuals, cd, usb and charger. Anyone know of market for this? Still charges and works flawlessly.
    Thanks
    ADC

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2013
  2. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Interesting, for what use? Serious, I still have a Zire 22 (I think the number is, color) and use the palm desktop for calendar and memos. So, an upgrade that works well with Windows 7 64 bit and newer desktop would be of some interest to me. That said, I have all the "fixes" for the desk top to work with W7 64 bit, and it works only sort-of. I am wondering if a low end smart phone (cell) can do all the PDA stuff and be a telephone to boot. But, whatever I used, I am looking for a pathway to move data from the Palm DT to "whatever" and a upgrade PDA might do that.

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Jerry, the M515 runs Palm OS 4.x; I do not know if it would play nice with Win7 64bit....Zire 22 is a newer model...

4. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Thanks, Rich, I am in fact in the state of more-or-less accepting my extensive set of memos have to be access via my Desk Top, no more PDA.

That said, being an old guy, I am way behind on technology - old man sight and hearing doesn't work well with small screens and keys - I wonder if I should just update my cell phone to a low-end iPhone (not tying to cross a registered trade mark here, just trying to point at a phone with a touch screen that isn't up to the level of a tablet PC) and use it for all the current needs for a PDA (mostly calendar and contact list/phone numbers, maybe email address) plus cell phone.

Extending, and I can make my own post on the question, my recent access to Brighthand I find an "urgent message" and when I try to read it I learn I have to download a reader...well even on a known web site I am a bit reluctant to download - can I see the message without a download, or is the message just a way to get me to download the support application?

Otherwise, thanks and Happy New Year.

5. RickAgresta

Happy 2014 to you, too ;)

as far as exporting your memos, I just jumped in to PD 6.22 on my 64-bit Win7 laptop and created a few memos, since I wanted to see what export options there were, and what the outputted content looked like -- screen shots are below, but depending what effort you want to put into it, you might be able to come up with a smart phone solution for your memos (more effort required if you want individual memos, as the overall file created via export is all memos in the one file, although you could create categorized files based on, uh, memo categories..).

the export function is under the File menu; you can then pick the format of the output file. I did a simple text file output, and the last picture shows the output -- title of the memo followed by its content, 0 or 1 to indicate private or not, last is the category; memos are separated by a blank line.

depending on exactly what level of 'individuality' you want for each memo on the new device, it can be a very easy import (all memos lumped into one large searchable file), or a good bit more complicated...

hope this helps some.

oh, not sure what you mean by the required download for the urgent message?

Attached Files:

• no1.png
      no1.png
      File size:
      3.9 KB
      Views:
    • no2.png
      no2.png
      File size:
      4 KB
      Views:
    • no3.png
      no3.png
      File size:
      3.7 KB
      Views:
    • no4.png
      no4.png
      File size:
      4.5 KB
      Views:
  6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Send me a PM with a screenshot of that "urgent message". That ought not to be happening here. And for goodness sake, don't click on it!

7. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

The urgent message is an envelop icon and the words in bold print, just to the right of the Brighthand Logo, top of page.

Here's my attempt at a "screen shot" - no looking at what I got by "saving" the Brighthand home page doesn't show the urgent message demand

Need more help on what to do - seems the "bug" doesn't copy using my FF browser "save page'

8. RickAgresta

Jerry, when the message is shown, try this:
    Press the PrintScreen hard key (it often is shortened to PrtSc), to capture everything displayed, in the graphics clipboard;
    Open MSPaint (or some other graphics program) and either press Ctrl & v ("Ctrl-v") or click the paste button in the program to insert the graphic you just captured, then save it as a .jpg file (smaller than .bmp; a .png would be good, too)
    Now, instead of the PM, I suggest you post it back in this thread, only because PMs don't allow local {on your hard drive} pictures to be inserted, only web addresses
    If you really don't want to post it publicly, you can email it to me (via the 'send email' link in my profile) and I'll get it to lelisa13p. Alternately, you could upload it to a photo-sharing site, like Flickr or smugmug, if you have an account on one of those, then send the URL of the picture to lelisa13p in the PM.

9. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

===Off-Topic Alert===