Using Palm TX. No Email and No access to the Web

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by Bryce_in_TX, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Hook

Hook Nexus or Nothin'

Hadn't remembered that one, possibly because I stopped using internet anything on my TX. I found a download link that still works (below) and will add to my TX help page. I dowloaded the prc in case it disappears.

http://www.mobuware.net/google-maps-palm-os-download-free-2231.html

Looks like it was optimized for the Treos, but I'm sure it works on the TX if you have good wifi.

RickAgresta, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  2. Sb129

Sb129 Newbie

Yup works perfectly well. I have a guest account on the wifi, the guest allowed me to use WEP security so I can get on the Net with the TX.
    If used on a Centro with a cellular network it works with AGPS so you can use it more like a normal maps application.

Did you know Google also made a dedicated Palm app for Gmail? it doesn't work anymore. There's also a Facebook app but I never use FB; it worked on my Centro just a few years ago though.

One of the best apps I got on my TX and Zire 31 is an SDHC driver. I can use modern high capacity SD cards to store all the data

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  3. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I'll have to check. After thinking about it, I seem to recall I might have tried that app.