User names

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CEB, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zentro

zentro member indeed

Oh, and my nick "zentro": I first used it back in 96/97 when I needed a login for a web site. I couldn't think of anything cool sounding so I picked the name of a local bar (centro) and just changed the first letter. Not very interesting, I'm afraid :)

2. VampiressRN

VampiressRN James Bond Addict

Thank you for posting that Zentro (and I think your user-name history is interesting). I think I accidently got this on my desktop at work....it is anoying as h_ll. Like you say pop-up central!!!

I am starting to use smileycentral....oh vey....guess the spyware will get me.:(

3. Delpita

Delpita Woooooo-Hoooooo!

Hmm, I don't seem to have a problem with pop-ups. Not sure if it's because I have Comcast DSL, or because I have Norton Internet Security as well as Zone Alarm. It took me some time, but I've managed to set controls so that there are many sites that my kids are not able to get to. I even get blocked myself, until I log on under my user name. I also have Windows XP, and have set those controls to where my kids are not able to download anything.

4. VampiressRN

Yeah...I don't have this issue at home, so think I got sucked into some spam-pop-up vortex at work....and we have really good firewalls.:eek:

I have got to look back through these posts and find your instructions Del for inserting smileys here.;)

5. sjweise

sjweise Mobile Deity

I have Norton's Internet Security and the firewall has a pop-up blocker. I've been on my Dad's PC w/o anything but his router's firewall and was amazed at all the pop-ups!

6. Delpita

Delpita Woooooo-Hoooooo!

This is what I had written: But it seems that you'll need to use Smiley Central at your own risk, although I've never had any probs with pop-ups {Del knocks on wood}

As for adding smilies.........
    I have my Outlook Express open to a "new message". Then I click on "Smiley Central" (Which has been downloaded so is always available in my email). Click on the smiley that I want, then that smiley gets put onto my "new message". Then I right-click that smiley in my "new message", go to properties, then copy. When I go to insert it here, insert IMG the way you usually do when inserting pictures on this forum.

[​IMG]

7. Nicholas w

Nicholas w Mobile Deity

my nick name is... well ,my name. Nicholas Willis.not too interresting at all. but the nick name i use virtually everywhere else is frig. that has more of an interresting story than nick w..

8. VampiressRN

ARGH!!! Smiley challenged here....this is just sad. Probably hook up with you in an IM Del. Thanks for posting those instructions. I may try again later.:rolleyes:

9. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Yes. Frig has a very interesting meaning in England... ;)

10. echo4lima

echo4lima Semper, Silens, Mortalis

LOL:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.