User names

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CEB, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VampiressRN

VampiressRN James Bond Addict

Thanks Nine...I missed comeing here, but have been totally burned out. :(

OK....now for the funny story of my fopah in the fabulous city of Chicago. I just recently bought a new Sony DVD Video Camera, so trying to learn how to use it (I won't go on about my technical inadequacies....but damn I struggle), so was doing some practicing while on my vacation. Here is what I have figured out to do so far:
    ~Turn camera on (don't laugh...that took me two weeks)
    ~Place disc in camera & format (was opening door manually...it's automatic...DUH!)
    ~Take picture (haven't downloaded anything yet)
    ~Take movie (eeegads, Speilberg I am not)

I partied too much (there were multiple martinis involved) and didn't get a chance to read my instructions, so was just doing my best. Anyway, on my last day in Chicago, I decided to head out and do a little filming around my hotel (this is probably the only time I was sober...hahaha). So I am filming all the places I visited (Virgin Record Store, Harley Davidson Store....you know, the important ones), and I am walking down the Magnificent Mile Avenue of shopping and catch my foot on a brick planter and go flying face down for a very close-up view of the sidewalk. My camera sails through the air and lands in front of me as I sprawled out very gracefully to land like a lead brick on my left knee, and then my left cheek, now my reading glasses break on my face and a group of people come rushing over to help. I was dazed but not confused, so I declined any help and sat there on the sidewalk next to the beautiful green city trashcan, stuffing my camera and broken glasses in my backpack, and looking like a homeless vagrant. Finally I haul my arse up and head to my hotel leaving my dignity behind me.

I look just fabulous...big huge bruise on my right cheek and a cut where my glasses broke, top of my left hand is terribly swollen and bruised, but the most impressive vision is my left leg which is bruised from above the knee all down the side and front to my foot. I tell ya...it is straight out of a horror movie. Today my knee was numb so went to the Minor Injury Clinic and the doctor was way kewl and said that is a typical knee injury and that I smashed the nerves and eventually once it all heals the numbness will go away.

AND THE BEST PART IS....................
    >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I GOT IT ALL ON FILM

It is hysterical...very blury as the pavement approached pretty fast, and you can hear me going "oh...oh...oh" in the background as I am going down, and then the group of people coming up and saying "are you alright" and then me saying "oh yeah, I think I'll just sit here a minute." Thank goodness all that drama was caught on film....LOL

2. CEB

CEB Mobile Deity

I wanma see it, I wanna see it!

3. echo4lima

echo4lima Semper, Silens, Mortalis

Seeing Nine is from Europe, and Europe uses the metric system, it could perhaps mean 9 cm instead of 9 inches? That equates to approximately 3.54331 inches for those who use the Imperial standard of measure...

Sorry Nine :D Just an observation based on geography..hehe no offense!

As far as my name: echo4lima... In the military, if one wanted to specifically talk to me with in a unit or sub-unit, they would raise my platoon or section or team on the air and ask for echo4lima. Echo is phonetic for 'E', 4=Duh, Lima is phonetic for 'L'. Now, being a Corporal, that is the E (enlisted rank) 4th level or E4=Corporal (USMC) and L being the first letter in my name. There would be a slim chance another Corporal L____ would be in the vicinity on the freq. with that team. If so, perhaps would go to the next level including my first initial: E4LK

[​IMG]

4. CEB

CEB Mobile Deity

Ouch!

5. VampiressRN

Uh Oh....Nine is gonna have to kick up the usage-frequency on that enhancer mechanism...or carry a magnifying glass at all times.:p

I am going to have to read those instructions again before I ring ya up Echo. Still in the "what tha......" stage. Maybe the numbness is moving from my knee to my brain!!!;)

6. Delpita

Delpita Woooooo-Hoooooo!

Maybe that was your problem, Vampy, you quit drinking too soon!!!

My name: Delpita........
    Del = the first 3 letters of my last name
    Pita = what my boss calls me, cuzz I'm a Pain In The A&&
    [​IMG]

My avator is cuzz I love Smileys!!! I have a few Smiley face decals on my car, a "few" smileys at my desk at work, and a "few" (or more than) in my kitchen, as well as jammies, tshirts, etc.......
    I even have a license on my car that says:
    Kiss My Happy A&&

7. VampiressRN

You are definitely the smiley queen Del. All of your little friends are very cute. Are you a smiley central member?

8. Delpita

Delpita Woooooo-Hoooooo!

SmileyCentral is a free download with tons of free smileys that you can include with all your IMs, and emails! They are just toooo cute. No, I am not a spokesperson for this, just a smiley face freak (as my boss calls me, as well as PITA). You can find it here:
    http://www.smileycentral.com/
    I can't remember where I found my avator, but thought it was cute too, kinda fits my personality: the "I don't care what people think about me. I wasn't put on this earth to please everyone."
    Hee hee
    [​IMG]

9. VampiressRN

Hey it was fun chatting with you last night Del. My chat buddies are a pretty kewl group. Hope to catch ya tonight (if you are around).;)

10. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Mine is quite simple:
    lastname + first letter of my first name.

Originally I was not intenting to participate so actively on this forum (hey, I was not aware of what to expect ...) so I took this name because it is used for almost all applications were we have to log in at work. You may call it laziness.

Otherwise I would have taken the nick-name I got at work when I started 11 years ago: Cyber Nike.
    Nike from Nico (my first name)
    <start of official statement>
    by no means has this anything to do with a certain sports brand !
    <end of ...>
    and because these were the early days when we started to use Internet at the company and I was always just a little bit more advanced then the rest of the group. Also concerning computers, processors ... the bits and bytes.
    Not that it still applies now, I moved on in the mean time to higher grounds :p
    But my collegues from then still call me Cyber Nike ... and I kind of like it.

Is there any possibility to change the call-sign on this forum without losing all the credits/posts ?
    Maybe I can just put in a new account ... I'll definitely hang around (my trial period is over and I decided that I like this forum very much :D)

CYA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.