Urgent help needed!!!

Discussion in 'Palm' started by MtlDave, Jul 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MtlDave

MtlDave Newbie

Has anyone recently experienced a problem with their PalmVIIx where once the battery has died, after changing them it goes back into back up recovery mode & stalls? Recently my batts died, I replaced them, & when I turned it on, it reset itself, & then gave me a msg saying "there is not enough free space to install", even though only half the memory is being used (which is really a side note)! Then, even worse, when I go to sync, even though I had everything checked off to "Do Nothing" except the install options (I was trying to re-install the 3.5.3 patch), it trys reload all the back up stuff, stating it is "reloading handheld databases". During such, if I let it go for minutes (the longest I waited was a half hour!) it just sits there saying the same thing. So I will cancel the operation, which will take another 5-10 minutes to fully do (which at least it does)! Then if I look at the log, it will actually show that everything it was trying to load up was actually successful (even though the unit stayed stuck with "restoring handheld databases" in the screen), and that I performed a cancel operation (which of course is true).

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated as since loosing all the info when the batteries at that time died, I have since been able to use the unit, and as many have noted, there really isn't an effort by palm being made to keep us "hall of fame" unit owners abreast of issues & upgrade patches being to address issues.

Thanks in advance,
    :confused: Mtl Dave

2. Jennifer S

Jennifer S Mobile Deity

Simply rename your c:\Palm\<username>\Backup folder to BackupOld (adjusting for the actual path to Palm Desktop on your PC). The first HotSync should then install nothing but the data in the built-in apps. Then you can add back anything you want to keep from the BackupOld folder by double-clicking on the files to install them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.