Unstable WiFi Connection

Discussion in 'Palm' started by KapitanPronin, Dec 11, 2017.

1. KapitanPronin

KapitanPronin Newbie

So I just acquired a good old TX from ebay and man - nothing beats a stylus sometimes.

However I found the WiFi to be very unstable and practically unusable. This isn't due to encryption, but the signal itself. My house has the main router and a repeater, but the TX is able to see them only once in like four tries. However, it detects a signal from my neighbors which even my modern laptop with an expensive WiFi-card can't.

Very, VERY rarely I got it to connect, but Blazer won't open any webpages. It just instantly says download aborted or something like that. It looks like there isn't an Internet connection established at all, just one to the router. And yes, I know the browser is old, but at least Google should work in some way... and if it's only a pile of code.

My question is now: How can it be the TX only rarely finds my own WiFi network, and most the time only after pressing refresh for four times or even more. Is the WiFi module broken, or is it a hidden setting which I didn't discover yet? And I know it doesn't really support modern equipment, but it should at least see the networks... which it does sometimes.

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

scjjtt, lelisa13p and Hook like this.
  3. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

And Blazer doesn't work anymore as far as I've tried.

scjjtt likes this.