UnLoGiC Movie Converter 1.0.2 released!

Discussion in 'Tungsten T series' started by UnLoGiC, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

I've implemeted the auto resize option now, wich will resize the input video and still maintain the aspect ratio within the size specified in the selected profile.

This should make encoding even simpler since you only have to set the profile resolution to the resolution of your PDA and UMC will do the rest.

I've also fixed a few small bugs that where found in 1.0.1.

As usual UMC can be downloaded here:
    http://unlogic.no-ip.biz/umc/

Any feeback is very welcome!

Ps. big thanks to mantis for helping me beta test 1.0.2

2. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

I finaly had the time to code a new website for UMC today.

What do you guys think about it?

I know it may be a little "Palm friendly" but I guess the PPC lovers will have to live with that :D

Ps. The profile database should be sometime tomorow.

3. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

The profile database on the UMC page is up and running. I'd be very happy if you could submit profiles for the T|T and T|2 handhelds since I have no idea wich bitrate they can handle.

/UnLoGiC

4. GNandGS

GNandGS Mobile Deity

Suggestion #1 would be to allow public posting on your board... not real inclined to register for yet another board.

Im having trouble now with my Adaptec PCMCIA "DuoConnect" card. Its a USB/Firewire card I use in my Thinkpad. I installed UnLogic Software over a long weekend and yesterday at work I find that my card no longer functions.

I did find info similar to my problem. I'll summarize:

"Installing third party DV recording software can sometimes corrupt the 'INF' file for the 1394 bus. This file, "1394.INF", is essential for the installation of the FireConnect/DVPics Plus 4300 adapter. Without it, Windows XP simply will not be able to properly install the adapter."

There isnt really an install for this card under XP. It uses standards that work fine under XP. This may all be a coincidence but Im leaning toward something related to the unlogic install and my card not working (only installed software). Any thoughts on this?

The only other issue I can find (and is XP's problem) says:
    "When FireWire devices are connected to the FireWire card, either the device is not detected in WINDOWS and one can not access it, or the device is detected and after some use, computer gives an error message saying that device does not work."

There is a hot fix for that but then my problem isnt just that connected devices do not work, but that I dont have proper card behavior in the first place (IMO).

Jury is still out, for all I know the card failed. Will update later.

5. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

The reason why i dont have public posting is due to the spam bots that lately have started scanning for phpBB forums. I know it's pain having to register but right now it's the only solution.

When it comes to your 1394 firewire adapter I'll sadly have to say that UMC shouldn't have anything to do with it. I know each and every dll file that comes with the installer by name and none of them have anything to do with any hardware device or driver. Although i really hope you find a solution to your problem!

Your text mentions "DV recording software" UMC doesnt really work that way. Basicly what it does is that it generates a text file that it later feeds to VirtualDubMod (wich does the actual job). It does not install any video components on you system what so ever.

Ps. You could try to uninstall UMC from "add/remove programs" in the control panel. That will remove all files installed by the UMC installer. This maybe be usefull if you want to really sure that UMC is not causing your problem.

/UnLo

6. GNandGS

GNandGS Mobile Deity

You beat me to it...

I have requested an RMA on the Adaptec card. I finally found another (out of service) XP machine to try it on. Result? BSOD followed by a reboot.

My gut said it wasnt related to anything I installed, but then it was such an odd failure and the timing was "perfect". However, if it COULD have been I didnt want the issue to go away or be forgotten while it was still early enough to do something about it.

Thanks for the input!

7. pikabb

pikabb Newbie

I downloaded the software...seemed real easy to use...used LowT3 setting and it turned my 700MB movie into a 20GB movie! What could I have done wrong? THANKS!

8. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

This sounds funky, are you sure that you have the Xvid codec installed? (It's availible on the donwload page).

9. pikabb

pikabb Newbie

That was the problem, with Divx installed it worked well. I have one more problem though... When I play the encoded movie on my T3 it says that the video resolution is too high and so is the video bitrate. I used the default settings (all three, low, medium, and high) and have tried several different movies. I am using MMplayer 2.13. Any ideas? Thanks

10. Nahum

Nahum Abataa ga nai

I use pxa clocker, which now I believe has been reinvented and is no longer freeware. I doubt this is really your problem, though. Try a soft reset, and play a file again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.