UnLoGiC Movie Converter 1.0.1 released!

Discussion in 'Tungsten T series' started by UnLoGiC, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

I've nailed down all the bugs submitted so far and removed thoose rather annoying debug messages.
    This version should hopefully be a more smooth ride.

Go download --> http://unlogic.no-ip.biz/umc/

Ps. Thanks to all of you who helped submitting bugs on the UMC forum.

2. matiasdelalastr

matiasdelalastr Mobile Deity

It's good to see a new version. I've been working on the TC's profiles (hi-res). May I suggest you to submit your app to sourceforge? That way you'll receive lots of storage for free (the downside is that you can't develop future sharewares. Sourceforge only accepts open-source apps and that won't allow you to sell it...)

3. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

I've had the idea of source forge, but ISP's here in sweden are pretty good and I got plenty of bandwith for now. The page is actually located on my own Linux server (laying under my sofa!). Allthough if the developer team would grow I may consider it. Right now i feel that sourceforge is abit overkill...;)

I'm planing to have the profiles database running by the beginning of next week (I'll be away for the most part of the weekend). As soon as it's up you're very welcome to submit your T|C profile.

4. GNandGS

GNandGS Mobile Deity

So far so good... encoding my first movie now... an already xvid encoded movie! <uhoh!> lol.

No errors thus far with this release. The install was very easy but because I often skip destructions err INstructions, I didnt know if the software included vdub or if I needed to dload it seperately. :) Downloaded it anyway just in case.

No program group created so it took a second to find my shortcut.

Your sample video file was EXCELLENT, and the predefined profiles were a great starting point - I may never need to change them!

S

5. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

Thanks for the positive feedback!

When it comes to the input movies it doesnt matter if they are Mpg, Dvix, Xvid etc ...as long as you have a codec installed that can decode them UMC should be able to convert them.

VirtualDubMod is included in the installation so there is no need to download it separately(maybe i shoud mention this on downloads page?).

If you'd like to create your own profile it's really easy and I should also the profile database up by early next week on the UMC page.

6. Macoland

Macoland -=[Macoland]=-

I love the idea of your software, I just can't wait until VOB files are supported. I purchased Pocket DVD studio, and movies still run like crap on my T3. But I put that sample Exorcist file you have on your site on my T3 last night and it ran like a dream. So I am excited for the up and coming versions. Also, do you have a way to donate money to you? I would be more than willing to especially after more direct DVD conversion is implimented. Thanks again for your hard work!

7. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

I'm going to my bank sometime next week to get a VISA card so I can setup a paypal account for thoose who want to donate.

I must say this is well over my expectations. I never dreamed about somebody even mentioning donations two days after the program was released!

/A very happy unlogic!

8. sdjay

sdjay Palm Enthusiast

I got it to work with VOB files...with the help of Junglemike of course. Just install the Ac3Acm decompressor
    http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/
    This will enable VD/VDM - to handle AC3 support [most DVD (vobs) have ac3 audio].

9. GNandGS

GNandGS Mobile Deity

Finished. Cannot test yet however as I dont have space on the SD car... lol. On the PC it plays fine but aspect seems a little off - not unusual I dont think (yet). 190MB! I converted Dodgeball the movie which started at 718mb. If space were the primary concern, I could have used low quality instead if high.

Seemed to work well!

10. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

I'd need some more people to test if they manage to convert .vob files with UMC after installing this audio codec as Junlemike suggested:

http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/

It would be a dream if .vob support would be this simple!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.