UnLoGiC Movie Converter 1.0.0 is out!

Discussion in 'Palm' started by UnLoGiC, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Convert2

Convert2 Mobile Deity

Which is the recommended XviD codec to use?

2. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

The reason XviD is the only supported codec right is cause it's best codec when it comes to encoding movies for PalmOS devices that support MMPlayer. XviD is also one of the leading codecs on PC and it's supported by PocketPC players too. Not to mention that it's free and open source compared to DivX wich has been loosing ground lately.

Anyway if you want to know more have a look at the codec comparision at doom9.org

3. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

It seems I was wrong thinking that this had something to do with .vob files. I did some testing and came to the conclusion that you get this message when you dont have the mp3 encoder codec that UMC uses. It can easaly be solved by downloading this file:

http://unlogic.no-ip.biz/umc/downloads/Codecs/wma8_redist.exe

/UnLoGiC

4. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

5. sdjay

sdjay Palm Enthusiast

Actually, Junglemike's advice to install the Ac3Acm decompressor was right on target...it solved my problem...thanks Junglemike.

Thanks UnLoGiC for this excellent program. I've spent tens of hours with virtual dub mod trying to get it to work right, and this program makes it MUCH easier.

BTW, where did you get the idea for such a UnIqUe name?

6. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

I've always been good at math but I always solved things diffrently than my teacher and the rest of the class...thats where i got my nick name from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.