UnLoGiC Movie Converter 1.0.0 is out!

Discussion in 'Tungsten T series' started by UnLoGiC, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

I've spent all night coding and I got working version out!

I almost couldn't belive it when I converted my first video clips and saw that it actually worked for the first time :p

Anyway you can grab it from downloads page http://unlogic.no-ip.biz/umc
    These is probably a few bugs left that I'll have to sort out over the next few days but it would be very kind if you could report all the bugs that you find under the bugs section in the forum.

If your just curios what heck this program does, have a look under the "what is it" section I updated it with screenshots from the latest version.

btw. this version doesnt check that you have the nessecary codec's installed (future versions will do that automaticly) so if you dont have the XviD codec installed you'll have to downloaded is too (there's a link on the download page for that too). This version uses the Fraunhofer MPEG-Layer 3 codec for the audio and i think this codec should be installed in windows by default. Else just google for it...

2. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Interesting. Thank you for making this program. I will try it and hopefully no major bugs, hehe.

JC

3. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

I'm affriad that at this level the question isn't if there are any, the question is how many :) but I'm sure if we work together we'll soon eliminate them one by one.

4. PeNsTeR

PeNsTeR Mobile Deity

Hey UnLogic, great work man.

Hope i can start testing as soon as possible.

5. sdjay

sdjay Palm Enthusiast

When I try to convert VOB files on my hard drive, I get the following message:

"no audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format."

6. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

VOB files are not supported in this version of UMC. I'm working on this but I don't think it will be ready in time for 1.0.1 wich should be sometime during this weekend.

A workaround for this problem is to convert the .VOB file to a .mpg or .avi with only stereo or mono sound. Since it's the 5.1 sound of the VOB file that's the cause of the error message your getting.

Ps. have a look at the UMC forums if you want to know more about .VOB file support.

/UnLo

7. junglemike

junglemike Mobile Deity

I see no problem to fix this. All you have to do - is to install the Ac3Acm decompressor
    http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/
    This will enable VD/VDM - to handle AC3 support (most DVD(vobs) have ac3 audio). It's just tiny 50kb file.
    Maybe unlogic can add this to his installations.

Hi Unlogic. I've tested small file. It's nice to see you have first release already working :)
    I've chosen T3 profile, medium quality, And result file was OK, except wrong aspect ratio. Input file was 640x272, result was 480x320. I also had couple of installation problems, but despite it, - program worked. here are the errors i got:

8. junglemike

junglemike Mobile Deity

Attached Files:

• err.gif
      err.gif
      File size:
      10.8 KB
      Views:
  9. UnLoGiC

UnLoGiC Mobile Deity

This was the first bug that was reported and I've listed in under the bugs section in the UMC forum. I'm going to try and move away from the common dialog object since it causes more problems than it has benefits. But for now just press continue and it will work just fine ;)

Anyway nice to see you around mike, there is still plenty of stuff that needs to be sorted but so far this first verson has worked well over my expectations and the feedback has been overwhelming!!

10. junglemike

junglemike Mobile Deity

Will test more soon when i have free time
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.