Unlocking Palm 650 and 680?

Discussion in 'General Palm OS' started by Mike Henderson, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Mike Henderson

Mike Henderson Newbie

Hello all I am trying to help someone with this issue and can use some help please. I am a PC repair tech but have never troubleshooted these devices. Can anyone tell me how I might go about unlocking these devices for this person please? Thanks.

2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, Mike Henderson. :vbsmile:

Without the password, I'm not sure that's possible but let's see if someone else comes along who might know something more.

scjjtt and Hook like this.
  3. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

I assume these are Treos. If you are talking about getting past the device password, I think a hard reset does it (though I'm embarrasssed to say that it has been so long, I won't swear that I'm right on that). It will delete all data and return the device to factory condition.

http://forum.brighthand.com/threads/faq-how-to-reset-your-palm-handheld.13189/

If you are talking about a carrier lock for the phone, I have no idea. It would probably need to be done by carrier, but they are likely not to give you much help for such an old phone. Sorry. However, not sure any current SIM would work in these phones either.

Maybe someone else has better answers.

scjjtt, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.