unable to connect to computer to hotsync via network or cable ..

Discussion in 'Palm' started by ferrous, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferrous

ferrous yep, my feet & socks.

so i'm now uninstalling & starting from scratch. there seems to be no separate hotsnc application. i'm guess it's all part of the palm desktop software. the icon for it is a kind of merged palm symbol & hotsync symbol, so i guess i'm doing the right thing.

time will tell. i'll keep you all updated. i know you're all waiting with bated breath. ;)

2. ferrous

okay. so it wasn't hotsync.

it turns out it's the cradle.

bugger. now i have to try to find out where i bought it from (online) & if it's still under warranty.

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

uh-oh, she said the 'v' word! my condolences, dear ferrous; at least you have someone to commiserate with and say soothing "there-there"s to you. Ya know, DOS really wasn't all that bad....seriously, aren't graphical user interfaces at least a litlle over-rated? <rollseyes, dons helmet and ducks -- dang, I miss Streaky!> Luck with stuff, ferrous!

4. Gregte

Gregte TX lifer

I use a Mac and have a little bluetooth icon on top of the screen in the menubar. (I originally used System Preferences to make that little icon available.) Anyway I just click on that icon in the menubar and then scroll down to 'Send File...'

I can help you all you want with a Mac but I am clueless about Windows.

EDIT: Doesn't Vista have any kind of 'Help' function available where you can just type "bluetooth" in a box and learn all there is to know about its bluetooth function?

5. ferrous

good idea. i'll try that.

6. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

HERE is the definitive Windows-Palm Bluetooth setup, but I don't think it addresses Vista. I did it once... it was a pain to get working but then was fine. But reeeeeeealllllyyyy slow.

Wifi is the best if you can get it figured out. Very fast, very easy.

HERE is MyInstall :)

I'm no help on Vista, sorry.

7. r0k

r0k Dazed

Welcome back, ferrous!

My favorite way to get things to and from my TX was always wifi. I had to pay for wifile pro but it really opened things up for me. I used wifi for hotsync, too. I miss those days. :(

If a cradle is the problem, the solution is fairly cheap. A sync cable for a TX is a fairly low cost item. In fact, it might be the sync cable is plugged into your cradle. Unplug the sync cable from the cradle and plug it directly in to the TX. If you can sync, you might elect to use the cradle as a "charging station" and the cable for sync. (Or once you have wifi sync working, the cable makes an excellent cat leash).

8. ferrous

thanks for the link. looking at it now.

wifi is still giving me probs.

ta. :)

9. ferrous

thanks, rok. :)

i'm still having issues with that. i can't even find my laptop on the network via my palm.

i've done some testing (thanks. thought ot unplug the cable from the cradle, but it didn't come out easily & i thought it was hard wired in. turns out it just needed to be wiggled & pulled harder) & it's the actual cradle itself. the cable in it is fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.