TX/T3 sharing address/calendar data ?

Discussion in 'General Palm OS' started by voytek, Sep 14, 2017.

1. voytek

voytek Mobile Deity

Neither on TX nor T3 I can find anything that either starts with or contains 'address' in name?

I'll try copying in reverse, T3 to TX later. Though, I've managed with it through Desktop, fwiw

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

You should check with Filez. The TX has, as Jig suggested, both Address.db and Contacts.db and then a family of supporting files for each. Calendar and Datebook are a little different. There is a lone Datebook.db and then a bunch of files with Calendar and even CalendarDB in the name, but no just Calendar.db. Much as I love my TX, it has been so long since I have synced it, or even been tempted to use it on any basis, that it is getting harder and harder to answer these questions.

3. voytek

voytek Mobile Deity

I'm using FileProg (my fav Palm file manager), I'll try Filez as well later, thanks

(with the long succession of Android devs in your sig:)
    did you ever manage or try bluetooth interchange between Palm and Android, < or > ?

I can kinda transfer a contact or two P>A, but, for other stuff, like events, screen text grab, etc, iit's a nightmare, have some app that does it, takes like 10 minutes to transfer 2 lines of text, only does it once, fails on 2nd go...

thanks for all tips, hints and encouragments

raspabalsa and Hook like this.
  4. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Never used BT. I used Outlook in my Palm years, so I just used Companion Link to get things to Android. Pricey, but you can use the 14 day free trial to move everything from Palm Desktop to their free PIM Apps called Deja Office. Later I moved to Pimlical at a time when Companion Link would move things from Outlook to Pimlical (doesn't anymore). Then finally I moved to Linux from Windows.

5. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I went to fire up my TX to check the address and memo files, and turns out its battery died sometime these past 6 months (since last time I used it). I have to replace it with the one from my spare TX.

I haven't tried transfering via BT. Whenever I've needed to transfer data from Palm to other device I've done it via hotsync or the SD card. The former lets you transfer data but only from programs that have conduits, the latter only works with files. If text, I'd hotsync, then export the text to whatever format I need. Of course this doesn't work with Android, since it requires a computer with PalmDesktop installed. To transfer via the SD card I used CardExport, an app that enables mass-storage mode for PalmOS. I wonder if a TX with CardExport installed will connect to an Android phone with a USB OTG cable. I don't think I've ever tried this. I have a OTG micro USB cable, but my only Android phone that can work as master USB device is the G6 with the USB C connector, and I don't have the OTG cable for it. The reason I haven't tried other transfer methods is that the only time I did a major transfer of data from my TX was when I decided to migrate to Android, and I did it almost all at once via the two methods I just described.

Hook, lelisa13p, RickAgresta and 2 others like this.
  6. voytek

voytek Mobile Deity

I meant Bluetooth for an ad hoc transfer of single item on Palm, select, send, or from Android where just a selection of text can be sent, or an item.

Say I create an entry on Palm or an Android, then I'd like to copy or duplicate to the other, seems to be mission impossible for such a basic info transfer.

For 'bulk' transfer it's easy, via a variety of means as you pointed out, but for ad hoc on demand I have not found a way, works for contacts, but that's all.

Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  7. voytek

voytek Mobile Deity

Just found i can copy address book over Bluetooth from TX to T3, just need to do by category, one category at a time, similarly, calendar events can be copied, either by category, or, all at once, that seems to work well and is very quick.

RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  8. voytek

voytek Mobile Deity

Yes, with Filez I've noticed some files I didn't see with FileProg, needed to enable 'view system dbs' to see them

RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  9. voytek

voytek Mobile Deity

don't know if I stuffed something up before.... just tried bt transfer from Android to T3 of an event, it just worked.... not sure why I couldn't do it before...
    got a whatver.vcs file on Android, aCalendar reads it but stuffs up dates, Calengoo parses date/time properly, just drops note, iCal Import also works (after it's dev pointed out I'm missing leading space for quoted printable multi lines)
    after I manually added leading spaces iCal Import worked with note contents (but it borked Calengoo import...)

it's nice entering stuff (graffitiputting?) into T3 compared to TX, seems I get less typos
    anyhow I think I'll use T3 this week and see how to pans out

thanks for all help!

V