TX Paired With Phone - Now What?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by lelisa13p, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Thanks for that tip, Stan. I might set up another Gmail account just for that purpose, in order to not drag all of my old baggage around with me. :)

2. Goughy

Goughy Mobile Evangelist

TX Paired With Phone - Now What?

Get them a room!!

Sorry, been hanging off all day from saying that. I know it's OT, but I couldn't resist any longer!!

3. mansfield

mansfield Palm Enthusiast

Wyrenut,

Thanks for:

I think that I've been overlooking this one (Cingular, RAZR V3) for about three or four months.

4. WyreNut

WyreNut Palm Aficionado

You're quite welcome Mansfield... Something changed on AT&T's end about the same time ago.

WyreNut

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I tried ATT a few weeks ago and fount it simple to pair my tx for both web access as well as data xfers. It was much easier than VZW or Sprint. Have fun with it!

6. Ashton

Ashton Dell Axim X51v Advocate

Easier than sprint?
    dont need any special settings...

on a side note, if you want unlimited Data and dont mind low speed, you might want to look into getting an account with Boost Mobile, they give you unlimtied 14.4 or 200kbps (iDEN and WiDEN areas, respectivly) for $10 a month app. I know a lot of people that ahve done this and permanently mounted these phones in their cars for use with GPS maps.

And if you get really hungary, you can switch to Sprint and pay $30 a month for 500 anytime, unlimtied night/weekend and unlimtied EV-DO (200-1000kbps probably ~600 in atlanta, since I'm up in the GA mtns and get ~400kbps) and each additional line is only $10 a month. (though with the cheep plan I mentioned you need a PDA phone or a samsung phone that an dissable the modem NAI)

7. smkranz

smkranz easily amused

After some frustrating moments I finally got the new TX to successfully do the Cingular WAP GPRS shuffle. A couple of observations and questions:

1. I started out trying AT&T Wireless as the carrier (since Cingular is now AT&T). No go. It endlessly cycled through Initializing / Signing On. Then, it didn't want to let me select Cingular WAP GPRS as the carrier...said it was not a valid carrier for high speed data service...hrrrumph! I don't know what I did to change this, except I think I eventually deleted my AT&T setup and was able to start over and select Cingular WAP GPRS. But am wondering why the AT&T setting doesn't connect, or maybe there's some setting which needs to be changed? I fiddled with the DNS checkbox but it made no diff.

2. Now, right after VersaMail connects to the mail server, I get a screen with a progress bar that says Sync Palm Changes. Then it finishes, and downloads any new mail. The Versamail routine with the T5 did not show me this step, and I'm wondering if it's just some new part of the routine that the old VersaMail on the T5 just did without telling me, or if it's doing something which I might not want it to do. I do *not* sync VersaMail with my desktop.

Now I'm off to more exploring the TX. Thanks!

8. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

I think it's syncing your downloaded messages, deletions, etc, on your Palm with your mail server - i.e., deciding which messages to download, which to delete from the server, if any, etc.

9. smkranz

smkranz easily amused

Thanks, I suspect so too. Same things the T5 VersaMail did, without showing that extra step. A couple more days of playing with it will tell me if it's something else.

10. davidbec

davidbec Mobile Deity

Anyone got GPRS to work on a Nokia 6131. I have a plan and I can browse from the phone.

I can pair and dial from my contacts. But when I try to browse using the phone I get a message telling me that the setup is incomplete.

When I use the test feature in the Phone connections menu, it tells me that the connection is OK but I should get the correct driver for my phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.