TX is still a hot item

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Gregte, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r0k

r0k Dazed

I just found a Palm charger the other day while cleaning out my workbench. I guess I'll have to have a go at charging my TX so I can get it ready to send out for repair (battery replacement) now that it's a collectors item. :D

2. cmthmpsn

cmthmpsn Mobile Deity

Wow, and I'm carrying around a "Collector's Item" in the cargo pocket of my uniform?! In the dust of Iraq, no less?! :eek: Well, I do have it protected from dings and dents in a RhinoSkin aluminum case. But maybe I should be using my micro Pelican Case, too? That is lot's bigger, though, and just barely fits in my pocket.

3. Scott_L

Scott_L Palm til it's gone!

I wonder what used is worth? I have 3 of them that I don't use - and two were only purchased as backups when I thought I would never use anything but a TX. Maybe I'll get one up for sale once I see the going price...

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

uh, granted that these things can & do change daily, that is for one unit, and is the top of the high end of the range. Most others offered on Amazon are more reasonably priced, although it is unusual to see this:

Palm TX Handheld by Palm
    Was: $300.00 $NOW:349.00
    In Stock

fwiw, I can't get into Amazon, just now... :confused:

5. mutton-javelin

mutton-javelin Mobile Deity

How long will the price stay that high?:confused: :confused:

6. Gregte

Gregte TX lifer

Well answer me this.... If someone gave you a new TX and said they paid $550 for it would you like it better than a new TX that some one gave you that they said they paid $225 for?

Does paying a higher price for something make you like it more or like it less?

7. SyncRaven

SyncRaven Mobile Deity

A new TX sold on ebay just a few days ago for $333:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PALM-T-X-TX-Han...temQQptZPDA_s_Pocket_PC_s?hash=item2a01dceac4

I've often felt that the push away from PDA's to smartphones was largely not based on the market potential really. Looking at ebay you can see there is still a huge base of people that keep purchasing stand alone devices.

But then I used to work with a certain retail store that sold printers - and I never understood why, as soon as one model would become insanely popular, the manufacturers would stop making it and instead start shipping another model.

You would think the goal of these companies would be to make money, but they seemed to be governed by some law that says they have to push "newer" technologies even if doing so means making less money.

8. DTM

DTM ---

A few months back, I sold mine on Ebay. It was three years old, with an IR keyboard and a couple of extra sync cables, shipping included. I got $107 for it.

9. Scott_L

Scott_L Palm til it's gone!

$107? I would have expected more. Mine would sell in a similar config with an SD card or 2. Still, that's two tanks of gas. :)

10. Dngrsone

Dngrsone One Serious Wiku

What it sells for and what people are asking for it are two different things, particularly on eBay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.