TX died today... (1/15/07) - DEAD

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hook, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Thanks folks... will be hard without the TX, but I've actually had fun setting up the old T2 tonight (remember Slide-Free ;) ). Been reading and playing tunes on Aeroplayer (I even paid for the MP3 codec waaay back when). It's pretty snappy with that new motherboard, though it does have a bit of the ol screen whine.

OHD, I'd love to play with yours... er TX, of course. MP, Thanks. Good to warn me, I am not much at cards. Cassi, M&Ms were just the thing.

DT, the old TX goes back when I get the box. It turns out I was wrong and they are not doing an advance exchange sort of thing. They are sending the return box to me and then I guess repair or replace is their option. Dang. Oh well, it is still worth it, but sounds like I will be TX-less a little longer than I thought. :(

So, I'll pop into this thread every so often for updates and a little therapy :D

Cheers, all!

2. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

Nnngh. I get the DTs just thinking about what you're going through <glances at E2> not sure if I can go back to smaller screen & memory unless the sky were really falling.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    RickAgresta likes this.
  3. mareofearth

mareofearth Leaver of Hoofmarks

Count your blessings. Since my dad and I buy our Palms used (and at the prices we get, you would too, but I am not telling you that secret!!) we get no such thing as extended warrantys. So, when my dad ran his LifeDrive over with a car two weeks ago, we bought parts and fixed it for $60 plus a screen swiped from his previous Palm - a T3. It took quite a bit of trial and error, and some body and fender work on the case, but he says it runs better now than it did before, so all is good.
    Just think - you get to sit back and get a new one in just a few days.
    Lucky! :p
    Mare

RickAgresta likes this.
  4. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Welcome to Brighthand, mareofearth!

How did this happen? Were you playing with the Lifedrive in the driveway and forget to put it away like your dad asks every time?! :D:D

5. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Welcome to Brighthand, Mareofearth :)

Hang in there, Hook :(

6. Hook

<Hook shudders remembering when this happened with his T2 and he had no other Palm-- people looked at him rather strangely as he wrote down appointments and addresses with a Sharpie on the Screen Protector stuck to his left hand> :eek:

Luckily, I have my T2 tis time, but DT is right, it is hard going backwards. :rolleyes:

7. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

GICTS,LA!!*

hope things work out well for you Hook; this might sound somewhat heretical but I'm thinking that for my day-to-day usage, excluding WiFi functions, that my Z31 is the way to go for me, mainly because of having G1, and 2 other methods of input (a free iteration of MessageEase, and Virtual Keyboard), a multitude of working hacks and, of course, non-NVFS...but that's me, and no, if I had to pick just one to keep it wouldn't be the '31 <Rick gets confused-- doesn't (no) x (wouldn't) = would...in which case, thats wrong>

oops, pardon my manners, mareofearth; welcome to Brighthand!

*=Guffaws in chair then stops, looks around

8. minimalposter

minimalposter some call me ... mp

Welcome to BH mareofearth!

I loved slidefree. It was a true godsend for my T|T!!! I even tried to keep it on my T|3 and T|X for old time sake but it was just never the same :(

9. Hook

Welcome to Brighthand, Mareofearth. Wish I had those kinds of skills, but it sounds like you folks need them ;) Funny story (probably wasn't funny at the time). Yes, I get to sit back, but the waiting is going to kill me. :rolleyes:

But, you are right, I really can't complain. All will be well soon. :newpalm:

10. Hook

Yes, there are moments using my T2 for the first time in a year that I almost think the same thing. But I find I really do miss the large screen, the audio quality on the T2 is way inferior to the TX (and that is a very important function for me), and many other little differences I have come to take for granted. Lets just say, I won't be returning to my T2 and putting my TX on ebay. ;)