TwilightZone Marathon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by New Cell, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New Cell

New Cell Unleashed Enigma

Love it and is still one of the best ever shows to be televised in history... What's your favorite show...? ;)

2. cmthmpsn

cmthmpsn Mobile Deity

Star Trek! I like all versions of it, and find it hard to choose a specific favorite from them

I thought you meant what's my fav TV show, that's why I said ST. But it appears you meant what's my fav TZ episode. At least that's the way everyone else is understanding you.

So, I'll just bug out of this thread. Seeings as I spent the first 20+ years of my life without a TV in the house, I'm not in a habit of watching a lot of stuff, and TZ is one of those shows I never watched, so I can't offer an opinion on it

3. PinCushionQueen

PinCushionQueen Oxidants Happen

I never get tired of watching the Twilight Zone. My favorite episode is the one where the woman who played Ellie Mae Clampet (Beverly Hillibillies) is having surgery because she's soooooo hideously ugly complared to the rest of the population. It was the first episode I ever saw when I was a kid and after that I was hooked!:newpalm:

4. Silly Rabbit

Silly Rabbit In training!

IMO, the original TZs are classic. My all time favorite episode is (taken from tv.com):

84. The Hunt
    First aired: 1/26/1962
    Writer: Earl Hamner Jr.
    Director: Harold Schuster
    Guest star: Arthur Hunnicutt (Hyder Simpson), Jeanette Nolan (Rachel Simpson), Titus Moede (Wesley Miller), Orville Sherman (Tillman Miller), Charles Seel (Rev. Wood), Dexter Dupont (Messenger), Robert Foulk (Gatekeeper)
    Global rating: 8.0

On a hunting trip, Hyder Simpson and his dog Rip dive into a lake after a raccoon. When he gets home he finds that no one can see or hear him.

If you're a pet lover, this is a wonderful episode.

5. namerif

namerif Zero Defects

Not much of a TV watcher anymore, but I use to love watching TZ when I was a youngster. One of my favorite episodes,"Nightmare at 20,000 feet" starred William Shatner as a man convinced that a "gremlin" was trying to crash the plane he's traveling on.

From Wikipedia:
    Opening narration:
    "Portrait of a frightened man: Mr. Robert Wilson, thirty-seven, husband, father, and salesman on sick leave. Mr. Wilson has just been discharged from a sanitarium where he spent the last six months recovering from a nervous breakdown, the onset of which took place on an evening not dissimilar to this one, on an airliner very much like the one in which Mr. Wilson is about to be flown home - the difference being that, on that evening half a year ago, Mr. Wilson's flight was terminated by the onslaught of his mental breakdown. Tonight, he's travelling all the way to his appointed destination which, contrary to Mr. Wilson's plan, happens to be in the darkest corner of the Twilight Zone."

[​IMG]

6. Konrad Pierce

Konrad Pierce Village Idiot 2.0

lol

Babylon 5 ... well, at least until the 6th year where it all went to crap.

I dunno though, life without TV lets you do a lot of things you "never had time" to do before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.