TV Shows ** Possible SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Ed - yes I am although presently I have it. I was about to cancel but they offered 2 months for the cost of 1 & then I left it on & have paid the regular price last month.

I was having problems watching other CBS Shows on the CBS app but they were all available on Paramount +.

Right now I trying to catch up on NCIS LA that I fall asleep on.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

lelisa13p and Hook like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Hookette says 'Tis the season!

Currently I am using it to watch the old Perry Masons with Mrs. Hook. Old cars, California noir, Della Street (pretty self-assured for a female character in the late fifties / early sixties). The courtroom stuff is a lot of times pretty silly (especially the courtroom confessions), but the stories and detective stuff (Mason does a lot of investigating) is fun. It really is like a 50s version of Law and Order. I have no idea how Hamilton Berger kept his job after losing case after case. :vbgrin:

The new series on HBO even made fun of the courtroom confessions. But never mind that, the old Perry Mason is fun and worth it for the old cars alone. :thumbsup:

3. Hook

So, this caught me by surprise.

https://www.realm.fm/shows/orphan-black?season=1

This is apparently real, licensed from the original producers, narrated by Tatiana and possibly easier to pull together than a live show during Pandemic. I've seen a couple of positive reviews. I will be honest, I'm a little hesitant about An "Orphan Black, the Next Generation" project... the five seasons were (are-- since I'm rewatching now) so perfect. I really am not sure I want to mess with that. But maybe when I am done I will try a couple of the free episodes with ads. Or not. Will wait to make up my mind. :vbrolleyes: But, I suppose Tatiana wouldn't be involved if they weren't doing something right...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    lelisa13p, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  4. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I recently watched the old Hitchcock film 'Vertigo' with my son. It was fun seeing the old cars.

5. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Since CBS-Viacom started CBS All-Access and then Paramount+, they shortened the availability on shows for cable on-demand and online to about a week I think. After that they're on streaming only (and maybe some go straight to streaming). I don't watch a lot of CBS shows. I thought Clarice was truly awful, so probably won't follow that to P+. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with SEAL Team. I'm miffed when companies take shows that the public made successful and then secrete them behind further paywalls and don't like rewarding that behavior by subscribing.

6. scjjtt

Ed - I totally agree & have cancelled my subscription. Even at $5.99 plus tax there should be NO commericals.

My review of the app stated it is just too much $ & I guess I'll be watching less CBS.

I may get it for 1 month after Seal Team's finale season episode & binge watch it. :)

7. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I saw a piece where they talked about how the proliferation of streaming services has caused many people to shuffle between services and binge the things they want (as scjjtt mentioned above), rather than maintaining all or most of them all the time. I think I've mentioned it before, but it ticks me off that Netflix's plan options are pretty poor. I only need the 1 user plan, but then you don't get high-def. Tying number of users to definition (you need the plans for the most users to get the highest definitions) is nuts.

8. Hook

The way we do it is my wife and I have Netflix (4 users-- and yes, I agree # of users and video quality should not be linked), Paramount+ and we are Prime members.

My son in CO has Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu and a couple of Anime streaming services.

We share all our logins. :vbgrin: (Although, truth to tell, as much as I do like some Anime, Mrs. Hook and I don't make much use of the Anime streaming services).

scjjtt, lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.
  9. scjjtt

Same here Hook. We have the 4 user Netfix account along with Prime. These are share with our son & DIL & they share Hulu with us & Disney+ with me but our daughter set up their Disney+ account on our TV in the family room on the Roku. My sister has shared her Dish with me to log in as a subscriber since they never use it or know how or care to know - they watch everything at home through Dish & recordings - I only use it when Networks ask for my TV provider when using their apps.

Oh, by the way we subscribed, through Prime, UpTV - because we have got hooked (best word available - sorry Hook) on Canada's "Heartland". It is on its 15th season. Longest running show coming out of our U.S.'s neighbors up north. Besides just a great show the scenery & the video clips of the horses are just breathtaking. If you haven't seen it - the first 12 or 13 seasons are available on Netflix - we just couldn't wait to see the last season.

Also - Blacklist - wow!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (10.1") /128GB using Tapatalk

Hook, lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.
  10. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

for probably the first 5 seasons I was an avid Blacklist fan -- but once I wasn't contracting, to places far enough away that I was home every week or two, it lost some of it's allure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lelisa13p, Hook and scjjtt like this.