TV Shows ** Possible SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Hook, thanks for the news on Orville. Last I heard a couple of days ago was that it was still on the bubble.

lelisa13p, Hook and scjjtt like this.
  2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I too, not having HBO, haven't seen GOT. After Lelisa's description of seasons 1 & 2 - I'm fine with skipping it - besides I never have been into Medieval times of movies (except for Lord of the Rings).

I'm still waiting on new Star Trek movies!

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Series Finale tonight, Big Bang Theory…
    im-just-sayingSMALL.jpeg

jigwashere, Hook and lelisa13p like this.
  4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

This TBBT final episode (expanded to a full hour) is a 5-star gift! :thumbsup: And I've already used 2 tissues. :vbsmile:

5. scjjtt

That's another show I've never seen but I was interested in seeing the last episode. I had never watch LOST or Hill Street Blues but I have watched their final episode just to see how they bring closure to a long & successful show.

I'm so glad, for the fans, that they finished well.

FYI: I would have watched it & will probably stream that last episode at a later date. After our son & DIL's graduation from Olivet Nazarene University on Saturday I changed my flight to Phoenix to Columbus where I am at helping my parents in transitioning from their home of 51 years to move into an apartment on my sister's house in Mount Vernon, Ohio.

God is moving things quickly and helping my parents in this transition. My mother is totally bed ridden for the past 2 years and my dad has not only been her sole caregiver but also taking care of the house, the 2/3 acre lot with trees and grass, along with house work and medical care to my mom. We got all the paper work done Monday with a lawyer (that needed to be done in this season of life for my folks) and then sold the house to one of my classmates of high school who owns the homes on each side of my parents' house. I told her she had to buy the house "as is" meaning - whatever they don't take - it is up to her to clear out, sell or give away. She's going to be able to help them when I'm not here to help.

God is good and has really been working out details, timing & helping mom & dad. My mom did have tears after the lady who bought the home left the house - my mom just said, ''We sold my home.'' It was a tough moment for us all.

I know that many of you have already gone through these difficult life transitions. We are fortunate, my wife & I, to still have our parents who are 84. I'll be heading back to AZ on Saturday, 5/25 - in the meantime I'm helping mom & dad with this transition.

6. RickAgresta

You, Scott, are A. Very. Good. Son. period, end of commentary :newpalm:

7. scjjtt

Rick - thanks but as I see everything my dad does for my mom, day in & day out - my ''goodness'' is about at 1% of his. He is a remarkable man, husband, father & example!

RickAgresta, jigwashere and lelisa13p like this.
  8. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Sir, I think you are comparing apples and oranges. I suspect if your wife were in the same position (God forbid) or your father wasn't there to care for your Mom, you would demonstrate that your goodness is 100%, as even us who merely interact with you in this forum can tell. You are a man of generosity and grace. :vbsmile:

So shut up and take the kudos. :vbgrin:

9. RickAgresta

10. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

It turns out that I was correct in predicting the behavior of the internet, post-Game of Thrones finale.

My personal feeling after watching the series finale was the same as the feeling that you get when you've anticipated having a special meal, have consumed that meal and then experienced the feeling afterward that it just didn't "hit the spot". You feel unsatisfied. Anticipation fallen flat. Thud. :vbfrown:

YMMV.

UPDATE: After watching the episode twice on Sunday nite and again today (Mon), I find that my feelings have changed somewhat. Now that I no longer have to concentrate on the unfolding of unknown events, I was able to more fully appreciate the individual performances and the overall experience has been much more satisfying. I have no disagreement with the bones of the piece; I only wish that there hadn't been what felt like such a headlong rush to the finish of the entire story. Only having six episodes appears to have done everyone a bit of a disservice.