TV Shows ** Possible SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

I haven't always had the nicest things to say about S.H.I.E.L.D., but I think it aged well (just started season 4). And as much as I wanted to like any of netflix's original marvel stuff, I just didn't. Anyone remember the inhumans spinoff? It was pretty recent I think, and yet somehow very forgettable. It had a strong visual sensibility, not unlike Spielberg's short-lived Terra Nova, but it had little else.

Right now, almost all my shows are sitcoms. While waiting for another half-order of The Orville, I've actually resorted to, for variety, sometimes watching Designated Survivor on Netflix despite the fact that it weirdly switched gears from 'thriller' to cheap West Wing knock-off pretty quickly. They ran out of intrigue and dolloped on nearly unbearable doses of condescending self-importance to make up for it. :vbrolleyes:

Since I've finished watching Continuum and I'm down to the last couple of episodes of Dark Matter, SHIELD is one of my last bits of scifi left. I continue to ration and hope netflix found Lost in Space to be successful enough to not only make more episodes but make more shows like it. And it'd be nice if The Orville eventually got a full season. It's not amazing, but it's kinda funny and I'm at the bottom of the barrel. I need me some scifi.

2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I almost forgot about Terra Nova - but I watched it & enjoyed it.

I also have enjoyed S.H.I.E.L.D. Yes, there has been some weird stuff - but it is Si Fi.

I can't believe ABC dropped Designated Survivor. I'm glad Netflix is picking it up!

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Daredevil season 3 debuted a few weeks ago on Netflix. I missed it, but wasn't really looking that hard. Anyway, Netflix and Disney announced they're done with it. Looks like season 3 will end with the bad guy winning.

scjjtt likes this.
  4. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Yeah, I liked Terra Nova. I think that was (yet another) ABC sci-fi series they quickly cancelled.

scjjtt and Mi An like this.
  5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

'NCIS: New Orleans' Killed Off a Beloved Character and Everyone Is Devastated

Whoa! Last night’s NCIS: New Orleans was seriously intense.

The fall finale for the New Orleans-based spinoff was action-packed, to say the least. Not only did Dwayne Pride (Scott Bakula) have to team up with his nemesis, Amelia Parsons (Ellen Hollman), but he was also in a race against the clock to save beloved team member Loretta Wade (CCH Pounder) and his dad, Cassius (Stacy Keach), after they had been kidnapped.

Amelia and Pride made some strides during the episode fittingly titled, “Tick Tock,” according to PopCulture.com. But their short-lived reconciliation came to a heartbreaking end when she tried to shoot Pride, and his father stepped in to take the bullet for his son, resulting in Cassius's untimely death.

https://www.countryliving.com/life/entertainment/a25559699/ncis-new-orleans-season-5-cassius-death/

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  6. scjjtt

Years ago I started to watch the new Hawaii 5-O. I gave up on it - thinking it wouldn't last. Of course if I liked it - it would have lasted only 1 year.

Across the years I have seen clips of it from time to time. Last Friday I turned on the T.V. & decided to watch it. It had a bunch of new characters that I had not seen before BUT one main character that had been on for years. I was surprised to see a similar ending as we saw on NCIS New Orleans.

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, jigwashere and RickAgresta like this.
  7. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Great. So now that's going to get cancelled, too? Thanks, Scott! ;)

scjjtt, lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.
  8. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

scjjtt, I do watch 5-O; but mostly out of inertia. It's okay, it's a basic procedural and not remotely as good as the original. (Jack Lord is definitely spinning in his grave.) It's funny you just tuned in for that one, because that character had not been on in a long time.

As for the other characters, I suppose you did not see the news about the cast changes, which was pretty prominent in the general news. Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park didn't renew their contracts because they felt Asian actors had been slighted on the show. Ironically, this elevated Jorge Garcia, also from Lost as were Joe and Chin, to a series regular in addition to 2 new people. Grace Park is now on A Million Little Things and Dae Kim is actually a producer and creator of the Good Doctor on ABC (which I don't watch).

The oddest thing is that Alex O'Loughlin had said doing 8 seasons were his maximum (and he repeated it during season 8), and this is season 9. It's pretty much going on fumes now; but it's a money-maker for CBS.

Another tidbit is that the 'new' Magnum P.I. is done by the same team and they teased cross-over stories, but there haven't been any yet.

scjjtt, lelisa13p and Hook like this.
  9. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Yeah, I couldn't stay with H50 because it just was too far removed from the original and was just another paramilitary cop show. There really was never anything quite like the original H50 which put together militarized police, international intrigue and even terrorism years before it was on any other show's radar. I'm so disappointed that it seems to be no longer available on Netflix. I wonder if it's gone to CBS all access.

scjjtt and lelisa13p like this.
  10. scjjtt

Ed, I don't watch Magnum P.I. either - nor do I watch MacGyver (although I did watch the pilot and was turned off by it). I don't necessarily have anything against redo's - but I just haven't found these shows interesting. I heard someone on the news indicating that the reason the 4 major networks are coming back with all these old shows is because a majority of older people are the only ones still watch the major 4 networks.

Doing some research I didn't realize that there were so many reboots and that they are not all on the major 4 networks...

https://www.businessinsider.com/23-tv-reboots-and-revivals-ranked-from-worst-to-best-2018-4

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

lelisa13p likes this.