TV Shows ** Possible SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I have to admit I started watching the pilot The Rookie expecting to think it was too cornball and bail after about 20 minutes. I ended up watching it all the way through and enjoying myself, which probably just testifies to my enjoyment of Nathan Fillion. It is cornball and, if you stop to think about it (which I advise you against doing), a pretty ridiculous show. It's sort of Adam 12 meets Police Academy. But it keeps Nathan on camera most of the time and he manages to sell it's ridiculousness. :vbwink: I think I'd watch Nathan reading congressional budget documents. :vbrolleyes:

2. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I also reluctantly tried it out and might keep watching because of the cast, not just for Nathan Fillion from Firefly. But also Melissa O'Neil from Dark Matter and Richard T. Jones from Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles. Others were familiar, but good even if they weren't. The show is... uggh, the premise was less problematic for me than the genre and style. I sometimes like goofy premises, like Castle or House. Serious medical or cop dramas not so much. But that cast.

scjjtt, Hook, RickAgresta and 2 others like this.
  3. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Yes, was definitely nice seeing Melissa again as well. I never saw T-TSCC and for some reason DroidTV doesn't seem to have it despite having been (I believe) a Fox show.

I don't think I would call this a serious cop drama, but maybe that's where it's going.

scjjtt, Mi An and lelisa13p like this.
  4. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

TSCC used to be available on the CW Seed website (I think you're right that it was on fox, but made by warner bros), but appears to have moved to Sony's site: crackle. https://www.sonycrackle.com/terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles

I can understand not wanting to watch it that way, just wanted offer. It wasn't one of my absolute favorites. There was something about the style I could never quite put my finger on that rubbed me the wrong way, but only a little. And worse, it seemed like the network got involved in the season 1/2 break and insisted that cameron/glau start behaving more mechanically so people didn't forget she was a terminator, which cut against the story they were trying to tell about her. But it was mostly good.

5. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Mi An, I didn't realize Richard T. Jones was on that. I like him too (as well as Fillion); but I don't really have time to fit The Rookie into my list of shows.

scjjtt and Mi An like this.
  6. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

scjjtt, How'd you like the finale of the Last Ship?

scjjtt likes this.
  7. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Ed - sorry for the late response. I did watch it late Sunday night. I wasn't disappointed! I thought it was a great episode. They did an excellent job with the burden of wrapping up the season & show all in the hour minus commercials.

I'm going to miss it. For the past 5 years it was a great excuse & talking point, every week it was on, to call my parents & discuss it.

How did you like it?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk