TV Shows ** Possible SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I'm kind of thinking I might temporarily subscribe to Amazon prime, add cbs all access as a prime channel and I think that way it would be ad-free. Then I could mainline both Discovery and whatever Stewart is doing.

If I could gain access a la carte to syfy, maybe usa and tnt, and do similar things with them one channel at a time when there's nothing on broadcast (summer/winter or just seasons where there's little to suit me), I think that might be okay despite the prices. That's basically how I watch tv now. Stockpile, then watch one show half or even a whole season at a time depending on how much I'm digging it before moving to the next show.

It's not exactly what I had in mind for a la carte either, but I'm not completely disappointed. Yet.

wozofoz, RickAgresta, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  2. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Hook, I hate to say it, but a lot of us predicted exactly that for a la carte 'TV.' Most people are going to end up paying more than they were.

I heard about the Picard re-boot too. Cool, although their other ST series wasn't great. They always ignore the 'chemistry' that the first original series had.

Thanks scjjtt for that. I hadn't heard it.

Edit: Oh, and I'm all for completion guarantees. Lots of shows deserve them. On a related note, I did read that there is going to be a Deadwood movie that may either help reboot the series (talked about for ages) or maybe resolve some loose ends.

lelisa13p, Mi An, RickAgresta and 2 others like this.
  3. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I was watching some old Star Trek Enterprise, and after taking damage they came upon a super advanced space station, upon looking for a scandal behind the too-good-to-be-true services it offered, they completely overlooked the suspiciousness of this faraway outpost with tech centuries beyond them using disposable 3m air filters.

IMG_20180813_144444868 (Small).jpg

It's funny how much higher the production quality of Star Trek was when they were in first run syndication and airing at midnight over the weekends vs. having a network and primetime slot.

4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Oooo, thanks for the reminder. It's time to change my AC filter. :vbwink: That's a very funny catch. :vbgrin:

5. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Just saw this one, wonderful! Can't wait for the next two. Only really remember seeing him in two things, this and White Collar. Both where he's a conspiracy theorist, who as an extra bonus, believes that some conspiracy theories are conspiracies to distract attention from the real conspiracies. :vbgrin: That's the most specific typecast I've ever seen.

6. lelisa13p

He had 2 roles in Quantum Leap when he was much younger, my favorite as a tag-along to Sam Beckett, who had leaped into a 1950s NYC private detective who looked just like Humphrey Bogart. Play It Again, Seymour (1989, S1/Ep9). Willie was Seymour, a budding writer (and consumer) of cheap pulp detective/crime books, who spoke in the manner that he wrote, all Mickey Spillane tough guy slang. He was loony and adorable. :vbsmile:

His other Quantum Leap role was in the 2-parter Lee Harvey Oswald (1992, S5/Ep1&2). He was Oswald, who was also loony but totally not adorable. :vbfrown:

RickAgresta, jigwashere and Mi An like this.
  7. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I mostly remember him from Sex in the City. He also has a recurring role on the current Hawaii Five-O.

8. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

lelisa13p, Mi An, Hook and 1 other person like this.
  9. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

When will we see 'Big Bang Theory' the movie?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

10. lelisa13p

Stupid Sheldon. :vbmad:

Although you can't really blame Jim Parsons. The world is his oyster right now. :vbsmile: :vbfrown: :vbsmile:

Thank the TV gods for syndication! :newpalm: