TV Shows ** Possible SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

To be fair, this show has gotten a lot better starting with the end of Season 1 (although the Lucian Alliance should never have gotten on board. There is just no reasonable scenario where you would leave as valuable an, yes, asset, as Dr. Nash with the Alliance once his cover was blown when you could use the stones to bring him back-- precisely because he would enable the LA to breach Destiny) and Season 2 has had some great episodes. I can tell that, unlike mid season 1, I am going to be disappointed and frustrated when I hit the end of Season 2. I don't think it is so much that the characters have become more likeable, but that their actions (not all of which I like) have become better motivated in the writing. I may even be liking SGU as much as Mi An now (and I like Mi An a lot :vbgrin:).

2. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

:vbgrin: -> for wordplay

I actually feel bad that you warmed to it. Really sucks to lose good scifi before its time. :vbfrown: I really should watch it again. Been a long time.

wozofoz, Hook, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  3. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Mi An, I like that theory.

wozofoz likes this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Mi An and other sci-fi fans: happened across a TV Guide in doctors office, previewing sci-fi shows. I think an on-line version is available at:
    tvinsider.com

wozofoz, Hook, Mi An and 1 other person like this.
  5. Hook

Finally finished all of Stargate. 10 seasons of SG-1 including a couple of direct-to-DVD movies, 5 seasons of SG Atlantis and 2 seasons of SG Universe. Kudos to the Universe folks for coming up with a clever way to end the series without ending it. Too bad they were never able to resurrect it. Phew, what a ride. Not even sure what to follow it with.

Luckily, new Killjoys episodes began dropping right on cue as I finished up SGU. Dutch and the boys to the rescue! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  6. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

7. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I didn't keep up with timeless that well, but I think that's pretty cool. If networks provided a conclusion guarantee, I'd watch more pilots. Years ago I got really sick of watching something, getting into it and seeing it cancelled midseason. That's one of the nice things about sitcoms. If they get axed, no real harm done.

wozofoz, RickAgresta, scjjtt and 2 others like this.
  8. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Just finished Season 3 of S.H.I.E.L.D., mentioned the similarity to Angel before, but season 3 seemed like a near copy of Angel season 4. Though, while this was by far Ward/Dalton's best performance, he's no Gina Torres.

wozofoz, lelisa13p, scjjtt and 2 others like this.
  9. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

wozofoz, RickAgresta, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  10. Hook

Yeah, watching more and more of these special streaming channels gear up. I had always wanted ala carte cable, but I didn't quite imagine it being $80 for 10 channels. Sigh. Be careful what you ask for, I guess. I also don't like that they are mostly streaming (Netflix and Amazon Prime Video do allow downloads on some things, to their credit).

wozofoz, RickAgresta, scjjtt and 3 others like this.