TV Shows ** Possible SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

The Americans has ended and although I will miss it I trust their decision. Great finale and I was pleased to see Stan play such a prominent role, his character has been important to the storyline from day one :newpalm:

Lucifer has been cancelled which came as a shock :vbconfused: I thought it had plenty more stories to tell and a good fanbase. I guess fun shows don't rate as high as angry cooks :vbrolleyes:

The Expanse has been given notice that this season will be the last :vbfrown: that only leaves Killjoys to carry the space adventure flag for me

At least we still have Elementary :thumbsup: which, IMHO, has the best character chemistry on tv, superb writing perfectly delivered makes for a very enjoyable watch :newpalm:

All the best, Warren

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I have The American's finale in the Queue for tonight. Looking forward to it. It's probably too much to hope for, but I would love to see Keri finally get her Emmy.

To tell you the truth, I tuned out a bit on Lucifer towards the end of this season and have to go back and watch the last 6 episodes or so. I wasn't that happy with the Cain sub-plots, though it might be that I just didn't find the actor that appealing.

Definitely will miss the Expanse. A little talky as most scifi that does politics gets to be, but it is/was definitely the best dressed space opera on TV. The visuals and production were/are amazing.

wozofoz, lelisa13p, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  3. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Woz, I thought this last season of The Americans was a blockbuster. I don't think I've seen acting like that before. I know that Claire Danes gets all the props for Homeland, but I thought Keri Russell blew her away both this season and overall. I say that as a fan of Homeland and Danes; but I just thought Russell was so subtle and effective. I thought the finale was as good as could be expected; but I was a bit disappointed.

SPOILERS...

I thought it was highly unlikely Stan would let them get away in the garage. It was a great scene; but think about the fact that the Jennings were responsible for the deaths of his boss and his first partner, not to mention countless others. As much as he came to like them and love Henry, it didn't work that well for me. I also was a bit unhappy that we had some loose ends like Oleg and Paige. I was half-hoping we'd jump ahead again and see what the ramifications of the fall of the Soviet Union would have on our characters.

lelisa13p and Hook like this.
  4. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I didn't watch Lucifer; but I was POed that Fox put Gotham on Thursday. Both Gotham and Lucifer seemed to suffer in the ratings from the schedule manipulations.

5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'm enjoying the chance to rewatch SG-1 episode "Window of Opportunity" mentioned here, Post 1698 (time loop, anyone? :vbtongue: ).

Come for the Fruit Loops; stay for the juggling, pottery & golf. :vbgrin:

6. Hook

Lol. That was fun. :vbgrin:

7. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Meemaw in TBBT seems more like Amy. Meemaw in Young Sheldon seems more like Penny.

lelisa13p, Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  8. Hook

Bwahahahahaa! Just watched Season 10 episode 6 of Stargate SG-1 called 200. What fun!!! :vbgrin::vbgrin::vbgrin:

9. lelisa13p

RickAgresta, Hook and Mi An like this.
  10. lelisa13p

I still can't get over how much Bernadette is like Howard's late great mother. :vbgrin: