TV Shows ** Possible SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I wasn't serious, of course. The joke was supposed to be that you've told us those particular episodes are great, and thus now we are robbed of discovering their greatness for ourselves. A la Sheldon being upset at being told how great the comic book he just bought was without any details given away (and then having to explain why simply being told it was good was a spoiler, thus bringing this thread even more into line with the video :vbgrin: ).

Once a mind is pre-blown, it cannot be re-blown. :hi:

2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I was kidding, too. :vbsmile:

I bow to your referential prowess. :vbgrin:
    yellowsmileykneelingbowing.gif

UPDATE: I stumbled upon that episode by chance in a sea of syndicated programming a few days ago. :thumbsup:

3. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I saw that NBC is bringing back Timeless for a second season. I'm glad. I've always liked shows that move back & forth on time, plus I get to learn, see or get a glimpse of history.

One of my favorites:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Final_Countdown_(film)

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

wozofoz, Mi An, lelisa13p and 4 others like this.
  4. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I liked Timeless too and was surprised when I heard (at first) that it was cancelled. But then again, I liked Time after Time (the Jack the Ripper reboot). Fortunately, I was able to see at least the last episodes that were not broadcast in the USA.

scjjtt and wozofoz like this.
  5. lelisa13p

And thank goodness, these boys are back! Season 3 began last nite. Wednesdays at 10 PM on Sundance. The first 20 minutes are ridiculously funny. :vbgrin: (Rated TV-MA, fair warning. :vbwink: ) Dark comedy. Insanely clever writing.

Hap and Leonard: "The Two-Bear Mambo"

Hap and Leonard - Season 3_The Two-Bear Mambo 2018-03-07.jpg

6. lelisa13p

Yesterday I discovered a new (to me, at least) channel on Comcast, EL REY TV Channel 195. This network broadcasts Stargate: SG-1 every day at 2 and 3 PM, followed by Stargate: Atlantis at 4 and 5 PM. Episodes are aired in sequential order and must have just begun around April 15 because Stargate: SG-1 aired S1/Ep4 and 5 today (04/23). Ditto for Stargate: Atlantis. Set your gadgets up to record if you want to see both from the beginning. YAY! :thumbsup:

scjjtt, Mi An, RickAgresta and 2 others like this.
  7. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Actually, I've been binging on Stargate on DroidTV. Watching in chronological order. I'm about half-way through Season 7 of SG1. When I begin season 8 of SG1, I will begin alternating with episodes of Stargate Atlantis, since that's when Stargate Atlantis appeared, at least according to episode dates.

I can't believe I somehow missed this series when it first played... I'd never seen it before now. Not only was it a great spaceopera with an unusual angle, but it was very well written with genuinely surprising turns in what, in other hands, would have been very predictable plots. They also have a lot of fun poking fun at both themselves and Star Trek. I love the old fashioned storytelling where there is continuity and character and world evolution, and yet most episodes are capable of standing on their own.

ANd I still have so much left to binge! :thumbsup:

lelisa13p, scjjtt, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  8. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I am digging Netflix's version of Lost in Space. I'm in a bit of scifi drought right now, so I can't decide if it's great, really good or just surprisingly good, but I'm glad to have it, hope they make a bunch more seasons. It strikes a chord with me in a way netflix's other original stuff hasn't.

Helps make up for the sadness after I realized the new spiderman won't come to netflix because it's Sony, not marvel, despite the collaboration. I've been really spoiled by just waiting for netflix to pick up all the disney stuff. Gonna be depressing when that deal ends.

I like Atlantis a lot and absolutely loved Universe. I only saw a little of SG:1, but I may peruse my minor broadcast channels, I think it may be running on one those extras that cropped up after the HD switchover.