TV Shows ** Possible SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

FYI: If you decide to get the lifetime subscription, you might get a one-time offer from them. I'm not sure it's still available, but here's what they offered me in 2015:

So, if you know anyone who might be interested in a DroidTV lifetime subscription, maybe you could go in together and save some money.

Finally, there's also a DroidTV Bundle offer: https://mkt.com/DroidTVBundle. Kind of interesting. :)

scjjtt, wozofoz and RickAgresta like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Yes, the $40 extra lifetime subs are always available if bought at the same time as the initial lifetime. The price isn't double what it was, but it did used to go on sale for $99, which is what I paid for mine a couple of years ago or so. At the time Mrs. Hook wasn't interested, so I now have her on the monthly subscription. The Lifetime now goes on sale periodically for $149.

I'm surprised the link for the DroidTV hardware still works. I've been under the impression from the forum that the items are no longer available. Larry, who ran the hardware part died at the end of last year and the information about the hardware has been removed from the graphic at the top of the forum. I'd definitely ask in the forum before ordering.

3. jigwashere

Larry died? I had no idea. I'm not on facebook, so can't access the forums. There's very little information about DroidTV elsewhere, so I'm a bit isolated.

wozofoz, RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  4. Hook

Yes, Terri is now running the show. I have the feeling the hardware stuff was all Larry, kind of a side gig. I do very little with facebook and rarely go to my news feed (although I have a 3rd party filter on that), but I do stop in and check things at the DroidTV group. It's really a terrible medium for a help forum and leads to the same questions beings asked a million times. Currently, there are only two plans: Lifetime ($199) and monthly ($6.95)(auto-billed). Every so often the lifetime goes on sale for $149.

Larry was quite a loss. He always did my technical support and was great to chat with. I think he had a deeper grasp of the technology, although Terri does a fantastic job of customer support from what I have seen. I have seen no signs that the main business is not being well taken care of and the transition has been rather seamless that way.

wozofoz, RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  5. jigwashere

I emailed DroidTV support a few days ago asking why NCIS S15E7 was missing. In the past, Larry responded to me and I was surprised an email came from Andy. Thanks for letting me know about Larry.

wozofoz and Hook like this.
  6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Yes, indeed he was, and apparently (from his IMDB page) lots of work on other things that I haven't seen. :vbsmile:

Mi An, wozofoz and jigwashere like this.
  7. Hook

So I've decided to watch them "as if" I were watching in real time. Thus, I will watch the first 7 seasons of SG1, then I will start watching SG-1 and Atlantis alternating episodes, and when both of those are done, watch Universe. Just watched the first 3 SG-1s, including the movie-length pilot and I'm hooked.

This thread is like hanging out with really nice drug dealers. :vbwink: :vbrolleyes: :vbgrin:

wozofoz, RickAgresta, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  8. lelisa13p

When you get to them, these are two of my favorite episodes. :vbsmile: Both were directed by Peter DeLuise and each episode has its own Wikipedia page. :newpalm: They've both been mentioned previously in this thread. :vbcool:

"Window of Opportunity" is the sixth episode from season 4 of the science fiction television series Stargate SG-1.

"Wormhole X-Treme!" is episode twelve from Season 5 of the science fiction television series Stargate SG-1. It is also the series 100th episode.

Mi An, wozofoz and jigwashere like this.
  9. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

:vbwink:

10. lelisa13p

Oh, my, no! The details are so many and so delicious that I haven't spoiled a thing! :vbgrin:

And please take notice that I didn't make the Wikipedia info into links. :vbtongue:

Mi An, wozofoz, Hook and 2 others like this.