TV Shows ** Possible SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Har!
    upload_2018-2-17_10-21-48.png

I watched the 3 available episodes of the 'Origins' series (enjoyed them!), and then just to see, tried to watch season 1 episode one of Stargate SG-1, got the above screenshot....

Mi An, wozofoz, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

All 3 of the Stargate series are still available on DroidTV. Probably not as good a quality. I never watched any of the Stargate series. May have to give them a try.

Mi An, wozofoz, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  3. RickAgresta

was wondering about that myself; thanks for doing the research <G> !

4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I hereby confess to watching every episode of every Stargate series in real time. I own the DVDs of all of the movies, including the ones released after the series ended. I watched Stargate (original film) and Stargate: Continuum on TV on Valentine's Day because they were on, one after the other. :vbgrin:

I am a happily hopeless case. :thumbsup:

jigwashere, scjjtt, Mi An and 3 others like this.
  5. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

So, does it make a difference what order you watch things in. That is, are the different series stand-alone, or is there cross-continuity. Mi An's comment made me want to jump immediately to Stargate Universe. :vbwink:

Or do you need to watch Stagate SG-1, then Atlantis, then Universe which, I believe, is the order they were released in.

6. lelisa13p

Each series can basically stand alone. SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis occur within the same timeline, with Atlantis being a progression of groundwork laid out by SG-1 but the result of entering a gate address that took them to Atlantis, where a whole base was set up to explore the findings at that location. Stargate: Atlantis began a few years later than SG-1 and continued on after SG-1 ended. Stargate: Universe occurred in a different period in the Stargate timeline and has a darker general feel to it. Each series had its own distinctly different group of Bad Guy Aliens to battle.

Episodes within each series should be watched in the order of release because events build upon previous experiences. With that caveat in mind, feel free to go nuts! :thumbsup: Take snacks with you; you'll be a while. :vbgrin:

Mi An, wozofoz, Hook and 1 other person like this.
  7. lelisa13p

I watched the 3 free episodes and I agree that they were done extremely well. But seriously, 10 minute increments? I guess I'll be springing for the rest of the episodes even though $20 is pricey unless there's a whole lot more to each of the following episodes. I'll have to think about it some more. The rest of the series hasn't even been released yet.

This streaming stuff could nickel-and-dime a girl to death. :vbrolleyes:

jigwashere, Mi An, wozofoz and 2 others like this.
  8. lelisa13p

Also, it was fun seeing Connor Trinneer (Enterprise's "Trip" Tucker) again. :vbsmile:

9. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

He was on Atlantis too, no? Half wraith or some such. They seemed to go out of their way to cast scifi favorites. kaylee from firefly, robert picardo from voyager, and um, I feel like dozens of others that aren't immediately coming to mind.

10. RickAgresta

sadly, my 1 year subscription has ended.....now I wish I'd grabbed the lifetime sub before it doubled in price to what it is now...if wishes were horses, then beggars would ride

scjjtt, Mi An, wozofoz and 1 other person like this.